Aluminum foil is a product that is already part of millions of kitchens around the world, because many uses can be given and is perfect for Conserve food . It is likely that at home you have a roll of foil and only use it to wrap food and keep it . If this is your case, it is likely that for a long time you have been giving a single use to a product that can be very useful in other household tasks.
Before you know 12 different ways to use aluminum foil, We want to resolve some frequent concerns about the use of this product.
Can you use aluminum foil on both sides?
If we look at the aluminum foil, we notice that it has a shiny side and a matte side. Many wonder what is the right side to use it and the truth is that this depends on the use that is going to give. Aluminum foil manufacturers explain that both sides of the paper have the same function . At first it may be able to be used on both sides; Nevertheless, If it is to transport foods , The thing is different.
For example, if you are going to use it to bake it, keep in mind that the bright side of the paper is the one that absorbs more heat, because it reflects more light. Thus, When it comes to cooking in the oven, it is desirable that the bright part is inside and matte out .
Is it dangerous to use foil?
At the moment, studies by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) and the United States Food Safety Agency Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (EFSA) The use of aluminum foil in the kitchen does not pose a health hazard. Although it has been said that it can transmit Metals To food, the truth is that it has not been proven that it can be ingested and harmful to health.
What other uses are foil?
In addition to keeping food fresh or helping to cook them better, aluminum foil could be very useful for other activities at home.
- Has the brown sugar become trunks? If it has happened to you, simply wrap it in aluminum foil, take it to the oven for 5 minutes at 150º C and finally you will have the sugar in its normal state.
- If you want Preserve the bread , Cookies or any bakery food Well fresh before consuming them, wrap them in aluminum foil immediately after baking.
- Did your silverware lose glitter? Cover the bottom of a pan with foil, pour a little water and two tablespoons of salt. Soak the cutlery in this mixture for 3 minutes, wait for them to dry and then rub them with a cotton cloth.
- If you want Cleaning and polishing jewelry , Cover the bottom of a pot with foil and add a little Detergent liquid. There you must dip the jewels and then wash them and let them dry.
- If you want to make the ironing easier, cover the surface with a sheet of aluminum foil and then cover it with a cloth. As a result you can iron on both sides at the same time.
- To clean the iron, Simply rub a sheet of foil a few times.
- If you want to sharpen your scissors, simply fold a sheet of foil into several pieces and cut several times. Your scissors will be very sharp.
- Put pieces of foil in the pots Of plants to prevent insects from damaging them.
- Grease stains from the oven are very difficult to remove. If you cover the oven with foil before using it, you will avoid those pesky stains And save the time you spent cleaning it.
- If in your bathroom or in the laundry room you use a soap Wrap it in foil to keep it longer and prevent it from spilling.
- If you want to leave your pots as new after use, make a ball of aluminum foil and refrigerate them at the time of washing.
- If you want Clean your iron and leave it as new , Place a sheet of foil on the ironing board, add salt and move the iron as if you were ironing. As a result you will eliminate everything that is attached to your iron and leave it completely clean.