We may think that juices, infusions and flavored waters can only be consumed in summer. While this is true because they are refreshing and quench our thirst instantly, it is also true that we need the power of fruits, vegetables and spices all year round. In the winter, too, if we want to avoid getting sick from the cold temperatures.
Benefits of water and natural infusions
Each of the recipes of flavored water and infusions will have a particular benefit, however, the general advantages of drinking them periodically may be inherent in all of them. As a first step, we must say that They hydrate us without adding too many calories. This is perfect if we are dieting. On the other hand, they provide us with good nutrition according to the fruits ingested: vitamins, proteins, minerals and fibers all in the same glass.
The natural juices, in addition, avoid or eliminate the retention of liquids, they quench the appetite, they cool us in summer and increase our Defenses for the winter. Drinking several times a week infusions and natural flavored waters is good for:
- Transporting oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Protect the organs and allow them to work properly.
- Keep the skin young and soft.
- Eliminate the dehydration produced by the coffee , Alcohol, soft drinks, medicines, heat and exercise.
- Lubricate the joints.
- Stimulate the muscles.
- Avoid constipation.
- Feel satisfied and eat less solid foods.
- Think more clearly.
- Provide the body with natural foods (fruits, vegetables , Herbs and water).
It is important to know that the flavored waters that are sold in the markets are not recommended for the organism, because they have a great amount of preservatives, artificial colorings and other chemical substances. Thus, Nothing better than preparing them at home. It will take us only a few minutes and will even be more affordable.
If you are not to drink a lot of water because you are bored or because you like to add a little more flavor to your meals, you can take advantage of the different mixes and recipes of infusions and flavored waters. Start the morning by drinking a glass of water with fruits : You will have much more energy and vitality to face the whole day. You can add seeds, herbs, ice and the fruits you want or have.
All day, inside or outside meals. The ideal is to drink a glass in the morning ( breakfast ) One in the middle of the morning, one at lunch, one in the afternoon and the last at night with dinner. You will be giving your body everything it needs: hydration, nutrients, vitamins and natural recipes without chemical additives.
Different combinations of flavored waters and natural infusions
The ingredients that you can use to prepare these waters or natural infusions are:
- Fruits : Citrus fruits (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit), berries (blueberries, berries, raspberries, strawberries, Apple , Banana, peach, nectarine.
- Vegetables: Cucumber, carrot, celery.
- Aromatic herbs: Mint, sage, basil, rosemary, lavender, stevia, cilantro, thyme.
- Spices : Cinnamon, ginger, ground black pepper.
The best combinations to enjoy a flavored water or natural infusion are:
- Grapefruit with mint, sage, rosemary or basil (one of these spices).
- Lemon with mint and basil or cilantro.
- Lemon with cilantro.
- Lemon with ginger.
- Lemon with mandarin, pear and cilantro.
- Lemon with orange and ginger.
- Orange with ginger and basil.
- Cucumber with lemon or lime, mint or basil.
- Cucumber with grapefruit and sage or rosemary.
- Cucumber with watermelon and mint.
- Carrot with apple, lemon and ginger.
- Carrot with pomegranate and sage.
- Melon with watermelon and sage or mint .
- Watermelon with mint and basil or rosemary.
- Melon with orange and lemon.
- Pear with rosemary or sage.
- Nectarine with banana and basil.
- Blackberry with raspberry, strawberry and mint.
- Strawberry with grapefruit and sage.
- Apple with plum, blueberry and mint or sage.
- Cherry with lemon and mint.
Steps to make flavored waters or natural infusions
Once you have chosen the best combinations between those indicated above, or taking into account the available ingredients, you must know how to prepare the delicious infusions and natural flavored waters:
- First, Add the fruit or vegetable to a bowl and crush With a mortar or wooden spoon, crushing as much as possible. If necessary, remove the skin or seeds.
- Then, Place some of the herb or spice chosen. If it is an aromatic, better place the plant leaf in the natural. In that case, squeeze it a bit to release its aromas and juices, as well as natural extracts and oils.
- By last, Add mineral or tap water And if you want it to be colder, some ice cubes. You only have to enjoy its flavor and all its properties.
- To store, if you have done in large quantity and want to drink several times, Place in a glass jar with hermetic lid in the refrigerator . You can also use a pitcher, provided it is made of glass. It is kept for a week.
- Remember that it is an infusion and not a juice Or a smoothie, therefore, the amounts of the ingredients should be few. It does not require sugar or other sweetener. If it is too bitter for you, you can add fresh stevia leaves or even a small spoonful of honey, but it will not be necessary.