The anemia Is a health problem that occurs when there is a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood (Red blood cells), which leads to symptoms such as chronic fatigue, low blood pressure, feeling tired, swollen ankles, headache , Dizziness, drowsiness, irritability, depression, skin problems, pallor on the face, hair loss, brittle nails, among others.
The cause in most cases, though not the only one, is iron deficiency and folic acid in the body, which is why good nutrition is key to combat it. Do you want to know the best recipes and foods to win the battle against anemia?
Powerful anti-anemia juice
This powerful anti-anemia juice should be consumed preferably before breakfast, but can also be enjoyed at other times.
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 2 almonds
- 1 mango or a slice of papaya
- 1 tablespoon beer yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fresh egg yolk
How to prepare?
Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat for a few minutes until the juice is obtained. Drink the juice slowly and without paste.
Almond and rice crackers
You are delicious biscuits Are very easy to prepare and you can enjoy them either at breakfast or at the snack.
- 25 grams of ground almond
- 4 large egg whites
- 150 grams of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams of rice flour
- Lemon zest
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- 75 grams of drained almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
How to prepare?
- Mix butter and sugar well in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, ground almonds and salt.
- The pieces of Almonds That were left in the sieve are added to the mixture and then added the ground almond and lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg whites to the point of snow and add them to the almond paste, stirring well to be well integrated.
- Small portions of dough are then taken and biscuits are formed in a well greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15 to 20 minutes.
Powerful energy salad to fight anemia and cholesterol
This delicious salad is very easy to prepare and its ingredients are ideal for combating anemia and high cholesterol . In addition to this, it is an ideal salad for the diet of pregnant women, people with diabetes and diets for the purpose of reducing measures.
- 3 cups of red beans.
- 1 red diced pepper
- 1 yellow diced pepper
- ½ ½ red diced onion
- 1 small bunch of chopped parsley
- 2 lemons in juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
How to prepare it?
- After cooking the beans, drain and store in a bowl.
- Add the cubes of peppers, onion and parsley.
- Sprinkle some olive oil and add a little lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
Recommended Foods to Fight Anemia
Foods recommended to combat anemia are those that have significant amounts of iron and folic acid . Among the recommended foods we find: Lentils , Beans (especially red and black), whole grains, red meats (in moderate portions), egg yolks, green vegetables such as spinach, chard, broccoli, artichoke, lettuce, alfalfa, etc., as well as walnuts, Pistachios, among others.
- If you suspect you have anemia It is very important that you consult your doctor So that he determines the seriousness of the problem and prescribes an appropriate treatment. This diet can help you complete the treatment, but it should not be the only remedy.
- If you have been diagnosed with anemia You should avoid using infusions of herbs or teas after meals, As these beverages prevent the absorption of iron.
- Consumption of sugary foods and refined products should be avoided . Research has found that those who frequently include these foods in their diet are more likely to suffer from anemia.
- In addition to the recommended foods and the three simple recipes, we also recommend including supplements such as brewer's yeast, spirulina algae, sugarless cereal bars, Vegetable drinks , Green shakes, among others.