If your life is marked by stress that, for the moment, you can not manage, you will have noticed that Your digestions have gotten worse . They are heavier, painful, or your metabolism may have changed and you are starting to gain weight or even lose weight.
What can we do? Stress alters many of our basic functions and the impact of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline also often cause problems to our digestions. What do you think if today we learn a series of guidelines to improve them? Take note, using these simple strategies you will feel better, but always remember that the essential thing is Coping with these stressful situations.
Improve your digestions when you have stress
1. Eat less, more times a day
Let's start with Limit the amounts we put in our dishes . In this way, we will force ourselves to chew slowly and salivate, two essential processes for food to be digested better. If we give our stomach smaller amounts of food, we will synthesize the nutrients optimally.
In turn, we will compensate these small amounts by setting 6 times a day to eat: breakfast, a small snack, lunch, a snack, dinner and some drink before bed. Keep in mind, moreover, that it is important that you do not skip any food, especially your breakfast or your dinner.
2. No to fatty or heavy foods
Discard any food rich in fats, refined flours or sugars. We process them badly, they ignite us and give rise to very heavy digestions. Instead, we are going to replace them with Antistress foods. Want some simple examples? Here you have the diet of any day:
- Breakfast: Melon juice with pear. An omelette with spinach.
- Snack: A green apple And 2 nuts.
- Lunch: Two fresh tomatoes with garlic and olive oil. A cup of brown rice with 3 baked carrots with cinnamon. Infusion of dandelion.
- Snack: Fresh papaya juice and a small barley toast with honey.
- Dinner : Baked salmon sauteed with lemon and a pumpkin soup.
- Snack before bedtime : Almond milk with cinnamon.
3. Drink more fluids
Ideal if, from now on, you put in your bag A little bottle of water every time you leave home . Drinking about 8 glasses of water a day will help you fight against fluid retention, constipation And to improve your digestion. If you have a hard time drinking these two liters of water a day, add a little lemon juice.
4. Finish your meals with a digestive infusion
- Chamomile infusion: The chamomile Is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic, perfect for relieving stomach pain and improving our digestion.
- Infusion of dandelion: It is one of the best teas to help us make the digestions after lunch, for example. If you add a little honey, you will discover how well you feel each day and how you are helping.
- Infusion of mint and green anise: Delicious and relaxing! It prevents gases, desinflama, favors digestion and absorption of nutrients and, in addition, is very pleasant to the palate. If you wish, you can combine these three infusions throughout the week, you will see how they are an indispensable part of your diet to improve your digestion.
5. Yes to whole grain to improve your digestions
Whole grain bread or cereals Whole grain Are the best for our digestive system. They are rich in vitamins and minerals and perfect to complement our diet in those times when we suffer from stress. Do you know which are the best you can take? Rye bread or buckwheat. They're delicious!
6. Eat with calm, relaxed
Surely it has happened to you on occasion: You come home and have little time to eat, you prepare anything and everything You eat very fast . Then, you come back at night with great hunger, with anxiety , So prepare a pizza or any other pre-cooked meal that will satisfy you quickly.
It's a mistake. All this favors heavy digestion, inflammation and other health problems, so it is best to avoid it. You must find time to devote to eating with Calm and relaxed. It is vital that you do it without haste and that you chew slowly, favoring the salivation. It is a time for you and your health that you should enjoy.
7. Turn off the TV, and talk to your own
Establish with your family, or even your co-workers, an instant of calm and relaxation in which to eat and enjoy. Believe it or not, it can be A very cathartic moment to speak and release the stress. Talk about what you have done during the day in a relaxed, just relax , Smiles, transmits positive things... Try to enjoy the moment and the food, without hurry.
We know that it is not always easy and that most of the time our obligations guide our schedules, but it is essential that you take care not only of your food, but also of the moments in which you feed. Those that build your quality of life. Also important that Properly manage your sources of stress and set priorities. Your health and well-being will always be the most important thing.