Controlling dry hair is a problem for many. It curls, gets tangled, breaks or even opens the tips. Dry hair is due to hereditary factors, but also to the mistreatment we give him. Do not despair: here you have 7 treatments that your dry hair will appreciate.
The hair is born in the hair follicle. This hair follicle reaches the bloodstream with the elements that nourish the hair, and the fat that lubricates the hair is provided by the sebaceous glands. The problem is that, often, we attempt against that balance.
The outer layer of the hair, the cuticle, undergoes erosions by the chemical treatments that we apply : smoothed, permanent, discolorations ... The hair becomes dry and loses shine because the capillary fat that covers it is destroyed by external abrasive agents. However, with the following treatments for your dry hair you can help it recover.
Treatments that your dry hair will thank
1. Argan oil
This oil is obtained from the nuts of the argan tree. The fruit of this tree is dried in the sun, the seed is extracted manually and cold pressed. The result is a light golden oil, with a soft smell, which is why it is called "the gold of the desert".
Argan oil has many uses, both edible and cosmetic. It is of the treatments that your dry hair will thank, because it Helps recover shine and moisture . It can be applied directly to hair or skin and does not leave a greasy feeling.
- Look for a presentation that contains 100% pure argan oil, is the most recommended.
Discover: Benefits of coconut oil in aesthetics
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate. The saturated fats that compose it are an ideal nutrient to restore moisture and the brightness that is lost by chemicals and extreme temperatures. In addition, it promotes hair growth.
- This oil can be used together with the conditioner after washing or in the combs for combing. It can also be applied directly on the scalp that suffers from chronic dryness.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil on the tips of your fingers and apply a gentle massage on the entire head.
3. Sesame oil
Pressed and crushed sesame seeds release an oil that is highly valued in Asian cuisine. This also has great medicinal properties against prostate cancer , arteriosclerosis, diabetes and multiple sclerosis. As if that were not enough, it is very beneficial for the skin and hair. Use this oil to massage the hair and scalp.
- Combats dryness, dandruff and hair loss. Your hair will grow strong and shiny with this sesame oil treatment .
3. Peanut or peanut oil
Peanut oil has a composition similar to olive oil and brings the same hydration and restructuring benefits to battered hair . Helps fight the loss of hair proteins, thickens the strand and provides moisture to the split ends.
You can prepare this oil at home. Take note.
- 3 cups peanuts without shell (450 g)
- 3 tablespoons of warm water (45 ml)
- Soak the peanuts until you can remove the peel.
- Place the peanuts in the blender with three tablespoons of water.
- Process at full speed until you get a cream.
- Take it to the fridge for a day. The oil will separate from the peanut mixture.
- Nourish the ends of the hair with the oil and, if you wish, salt the rest to obtain homemade peanut butter.
5. Avocado and wheat germ oil
This combination of avocado and wheat germ oil is very effective. It is the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate. Growth will also stimulate growth.
- The avocado has essential fats and important nutrients.
- Wheat germ oil is rich in zinc and vitamin B , so it is an ally for the health and beauty of your hair, skin and nails.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 ml)
- Grind the avocado in the blender with the wheat germ oil.
- Apply this cream on the hair and let it act for about 15 minutes.
- Remove it with enough water.
- Ideally, apply the mask once a week.
6. Egg, milk and roses
The egg is also common in hair treatments. You will see it in an infinity of masks, because it has a contribution of proteins and minerals that revitalize the cuticle of the mistreated hair. In this mask the egg is combined with the proteins and calcium of the milk .
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of liquid milk (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of water of roses (15 ml)
- Beat the egg with a whisk and add the milk and rose water.
- If the mixture is very liquid, you can add two more spoons of milk powder. Combine the ingredients well.
- Distribute the preparation in all your hair and let the mask act for 20 minutes.
Read this article: Mayonnaise and honey mask for dry and punished hair
7. Banana and almond oil
The banana It is very beneficial and healthy, whether we incorporate it into our daily diet, or use it in masks to moisturize damaged hair or dry skin. Almond oil is widely used and recognized to restore the shine and luminosity of the skin and hair. Together they create a powerful mask to restore dry hair.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of almond oil (125 ml)
- Crush the banana or banana and add the almond oil.
- Mix until a creamy paste is obtained.
- Apply this cream on the scalp and leave on for 20 minutes.
Additional tips to take care of your dry hair
Applying any of these treatments or masks will not be enough if you do not give other care about your dry hair. Having a hair of this type does not have to limit you when it comes to wearing a beautiful and healthy mane. Remember the following recommendations for hair:
- Avoid to wash hair every day .
- Use suitable products for your hair type.
- Avoid excessive use of hair dryers or thermal irons.
- Avoid the application of products that contain alcohol or excessive perfumes.
- Take care of your diet The health of your hair benefits when you consume protein and vitamin E .
- Drink water. If you complain about your dry hair, but you do not drink enough water per day, do you think it's logical?