In some tropical countries it is very common to find papaya trees everywhere. These trees are very easy to maintain and their fruit is exceptional .
It is a powerful defense against cancer and has many curative effects. Until recently it was just one more fruit, but in recent years they have been discovering all its advantages.
The Benefits of Papain for Health
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain. This chemical is very similar to the enzymes in the pancreas that help digest protein. Digestive protein enzymes (also called proteolytic enzymes) can dissolve the layer of protein that forms around cancer cells. This helps the immune system to destroy them more easily.
Another enzyme present in the papaya Is chymopapain. Both chemicals help to better utilize the useful protein of foods. Proteolytic enzymes can destroy the defense shields of viruses, tumors, allergens, yeasts and various forms of fungi. Once these shields are destroyed, it will be easy to heal.
Papain also helps reduce inflammation and heals burns and reduces scarring on the skin. Papaya actually speeds up the healing process.
Carotenoids that protect against oxidation
The pinkish orange color of the papaya is due to the presence of carotenoids, in particular of Beta-carotene And lycopenes. These are antioxidants and are effective anticancer agents.
Lycopene may reduce the risk of prostate cancer . This chemical induces the death of cancer cells, increases antimetastatic activity and strengthens the protective enzymes.
In research conducted in China it was discovered that the intake of foods rich in lycopene and green tea protect against prostate cancer.
Isothiocyanate to prevent the appearance of cancer cells
Isothiocyanate is another compound of papaya. This compound has been shown to inhibit the formation and development of cancer cells .
In animal experiments, it was shown that isothiocyanates are effective against breast, lung, colon, pancreas , Prostate and leukemia.
Other benefits of papaya
- Papayas are rich in nutrients, antioxidants, carotenes, vitamins C, E and A and flavonoids. They also contain B vitamins, folic acid and pantothenic acid and minerals like potassium and magnesium. All these elements promote a healthy cardiovascular system and protect against cancer. They also help maintain a healthy immune system, prevent recurrent infections in the ear, colds and the flu.
- They are also rich in fiber so Can lower cholesterol levels . Fiber is also able to bind cancer-causing toxins in the colon and facilitates digestion.
Usefulness of papaya seeds
The Papaya seeds May be even more beneficial than fruit . They taste very spicy and bitter. These characteristics can make them difficult to eat. Nevertheless, its medicinal value is very important. Among its benefits are:
- Antibacterial properties that make them effective against E. coli, salmonella and staphylococcus.
- They can protect the kidneys from toxin-induced insufficiency.
- They facilitate the elimination of intestinal parasites.
- Helps detoxify the liver.
Papaya is a fruit that is worth including in the daily diet. The ideal would be to consume it at least once a week. Because of its taste, it is very versatile since it can be included in recipes Like salads, desserts, yogurt, with lemon and chile, etc. Do not miss the opportunity to take advantage of its incredible health benefits.