Children (and some adults as well) have a concept of broccoli. This nice little tree is not only delicious but also offers a lot of nutrients and can be prepared in hundreds of different ways. If at home you do not usually eat this vegetable, try making a broccoli cake. No one will be able to resist!
Recipe # 1 of Broccoli Pie
Easy, fast and with ingredients that you will undoubtedly have at home (or you can go running to buy without problems). For this first choice of broccoli pie you need:
- Salt, pepper and oil quantity needed
- 200 grams of sliced cheese
- 1 can of tuna
- 200 grams of York ham or turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 carrots, peeled and cooked
- 1 cooked broccoli
- The elaboration is as explained below:
- 1-Bring the broccoli and carrots to boil in a saucepan with water and a little salt.
- 2-Beat the eggs with salt, pepper and pour the milk.
- 3-Strain the vegetables and cut them into pieces, incorporate the eggs and milk.
- 4-Add the diced ham and the can of tuna And mix thoroughly.
- 5-Grease a baking dish with a little oil and cover the base with the slices of cheese.
- 6-Cook in the oven at moderate temperature for 20 minutes.
- 7- Unmold and serve hot, accompanied by example with white rice.
Recipe # 2 of broccoli pie
In addition to broccoli, this recipe has three more star ingredients: mushrooms, rice and bacon. Would you like to know how to prepare it? Pay attention!
- 150 grams of broccoli
- 250 grams of rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 grams of rolled mushrooms
- 250 grams of bacon
- 300 grams of béchamel
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated cheese to gratin quantity needed
The steps to follow for this recipe are:
- 1-Cut the broccoli In"flowers"and cook in a saucepan with water and salt for 5 minutes.
- 2-Cook the rice with water, salt and a clove of garlic peeled and crushed to taste.
- 3-Saute the rolled mushrooms with a little olive oil and a well chopped garlic clove.
- 4- Strain the rice and reserve.
- 5-Add the chopped bacon in the mushroom pan and skip for a few minutes.
- 6-Incorporate broccoli already cooked and cast, cover and let it cook a little bit.
- 7-Pour the béchamel sauce, the nutmeg, the salt and the pepper.
- 8 -Add the cooked rice now and mix everything very well.
- 9-Remove from heat and let it cool a little.
- 10-Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- 11-Grease a square oven mold and pour the broccoli pie, rice , Mushrooms and bacon.
- 12-Sprinkle with grated cheese and bring to the oven until gratin (about 5 minutes).
Broccoli Cake Recipe # 3
If you are on a diet and you have obsessed a bit with the amount of calories from each meal, you have to know that this third alternative to prepare broccoli cake gives you 194 Kcal.
The ingredients for 2 servings are:
- 500 grams of broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1 large onion
- 100 grams of red pepper
- Salt and white pepper to taste
The preparation of this recipe is the following:
- 1-Boil the broccoli with water and a little salt (you can leave it whole or cut into smaller flowers).
- 2-Cut the onion And the pepper as thin as possible and sauté with oil in a frying pan, until tender.
- 3-Strain the broccoli, set it well and pour in the onion and morrón. Do not forget to pepper.
- 4-While everything is cooked together, separate the yolks from the egg whites into a separate bowl.
- 5- Add the yolks to the pan mixture.
- 6-Beat the egg whites to snow point and put in the previous preparation with wrapping movements.
- 7-Grease a baking dish with a little butter and pour the mixture.
- 8-Bring to the oven and cook until the egg coagulates and the edges of the broccoli cake are separated from the container (about 15 minutes)
You can enjoy this dish as a starter if you consume it cold And cut into small portions or as main meal along with a companion such as rice or mashed potatoes.