He broccoli Is a vegetable of the cruciferous family (like cauliflower or cabbage). Although in other parts of Europe is much appreciated, in Spain is not a very common dish. This vegetable contains a lot of vitamin C, in addition to anticancer substances and its consumption is highly recommended by experts.
The Broccoli soup with cheese Is an excellent idea for a winter dinner. It is a tasty and comforting meal very easy to make. It can be prepared with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well, is perfect for this soup. These recipes carry mature Cheddar cheese and a variety of fresh vegetables in addition to broccoli.
Option 1: Broccoli soup with cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter Melted
- ½ medium chopped onion
- ¼ cup melted butter (in addition to the tablespoon)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or consomme
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of cream
- 225 g of broccoli Chopped fresh
- 225 g of grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Melt a little butter in a small skillet.
- When it is hot, Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Melt more butter in a heavy soup pot or in a cast-iron pan. Heat over medium heat until the butter melts and begins to crackle, being careful not to burn.
- With the blender, mix the flour with the butter beating constantly so that the mixture does not turn dark. It will be ready when it becomes golden.
- Add the milk and the cream without being beaten.
- Pour the chicken broth Stirring all the time, until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Add black pepper and cayenne pepper (optional).
- Boil the liquid over low heat for 20 minutes.
- After this time, add the broccoli, carrots and onion, all cut. Cook the vegetables on low heat about 25 minutes until they soften.
- Remove the soup from the fire when you have the texture you want.
- Season to taste.
- Beat the soup in a blender or kitchen robot. Once beaten, put back on the fire over medium heat. If you want to keep chopping vegetables and broccoli, you can beat only half of it.
- Add the grated cheese to the hot soup. Stir with a spoon and Allow to melt completely.
- Try to regulate the amount of cheese. The soup is finished when the cheese has melted and the flavors have been mixed.
Option 2: Homemade Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of sage
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 head or 4 cups broccoli cut into pieces
- 2 Carrots Clean and chopped (optional)
- Heat the water in a large pot.
- When it boils, Add broccoli and carrots And boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the butter and onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Pour the flour over the onion and stir constantly, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add the chicken broth and milk, letting the mixture cook over medium heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add the sage and beat until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Put grated Cheddar cheese, broccoli and carrots and remove all Until a homogeneous mixture .
- Simmer about 20 minutes or Until the broccoli is tender .
- Go through the blender so that there are no lumps or lumps.