The calzone , also know as Pizza Wrapped Pizza Pants, is a different proposal to taste your favorite pizzas. As a snack is very delicious and if you know how to make bread dough, you can do it in a heartbeat.
Here we show you how to prepare it, Keep in mind that the quantity of ingredients that we propose next will be enough for two pizzas of average size , So if you need to do more, you will need to adjust the amount of ingredients, so let's get down to work:
- 320 grams of flour
- 25 ml of Extra virgin olive oil
- 7 grams of baking powder yeast
- 170 ml of water
- A teaspoon of salt
- 3 large tomatoes
- Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 70 grams of portobello mushrooms
In a deep bowl, Sifting the flour and yeast, forms a small volcano and inside it deposits the olive oil, water and salt. Start kneading everything starting from the center and spreading until you achieve to cover all the flour. When you get a more or less uniform mass, put it on a clean surface and knead with force for about 10 minutes.
Put it back in the bowl and let it rest covered with a foil film for at least an hour, until it is fermented. Once it has doubled its size, knead it until it softens and flatten it with a roller . You can give the dough a round or square shape, this will be specifically depending on your taste.
Now Take the tomatoes and grate them very well, add a little salt and put them on the dough. Shred cheese Mozzarella With a fork, try to drain all the water (this will keep the calzone too damp) and place them on the tomato. Cut into thin slices the portobello mushrooms and place on the cheese.
Then, Preheat oven to 220 ° C; And you should just sprinkle everything with oregano and close the calzone sealing the ends of it. You can apply some water to the edges before closing and then fold them upwards so they do not come off or open during the baking process.
Place your calzone on a baking sheet and take it to the oven, where you must leave them for at least ten minutes. The idea of this recipe is that it is crunchy on the outside but very soft inside.
Keep in mind that if you have children and want them to participate in the preparation, you can put them to make the dough and let them select the ingredients. The only ones that should not be replaced are tomatoes and cheese, otherwise prepare yourself to enjoy with this exquisite and wonderful recipe.
- The calzone Can be filled with a wide variety of ingredients , So let your imagination fly and remember that the most important thing when cooking is that you have a good time while you do it.
- In case you use yeast Fresh, dilute it first in a little warm water and then add it to the other ingredients.
- If you want to add more flavor to the recipe, you can sprinkle the filling with Parmesan cheese.
- The marble surfaces are perfect for the kneading process. However, few people have this kind of materials in their kitchens.
- If you do not have a roller, you can simply stretch the dough out of a few using your hands.
- If you want to save time, You can prepare the vegetables while the dough is fermented.
- Before starting any kind of recipe, both courtesy and security, The best thing you can do is ask your guests what the ingredients they prefer , This will avoid giving them an unpleasant surprise or using elements to which they have Allergies .