The oats Is the cereal par excellence. It is very nutritious, rich in fiber, and at the same time an ideal food to maintain a balanced weight. In addition, we can eat it in multiple ways and at the same time use it for our daily health and beauty.
Discover in this article all these tips of food, health and cosmetics with oats: you can eat at breakfast or dinner, drink, use as a face mask or to prepare a bath that will leave your skin very nourished.
The oats Is a highly nutritious cereal and also Very rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals , Which gives us the following benefits:
- It brings energy and vitality.
- Regulates the nervous system , Combats insomnia, anxiety and nervousness.
- It is very satiating and reduces anxiety about eating sweets.
- Fight constipation.
- It reduces high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Regulates blood sugar levels.
- Increase defenses.
- Eliminates mucus in lung diseases.
- Has Diuretic properties .
- It improves fertility and has aphrodisiac properties.
- Thanks to its content in mucilages is ideal to treat ailments such as gastritis, colitis, gastric ulcers, acidity, etc.
Alternative to milk
The Oat drink is One of the healthiest, most economical and delicious alternatives to cow's milk. Not only for people who are intolerant to lactose, but also for those who want an alternative that brings together all the previous properties.
We can buy it or make it at home , And if we are not convinced the flavor we can beat it with a little cocoa, cinnamon, banana, vanilla essence, etc.
A full breakfast
The best time of day to consume oatmeal is at breakfast. We offer you several alternatives:
- Oatmeal cooked with oat drink: As a rice pudding, but using exclusively the oats, you can cook this cereal in its own juice, adding cinnamon and a pinch of ginger. It is especially recommended for cold days, as it will bring us much energy and heat.
- Oatmeal, Banana, Cocoa and Nut Smoothies: It is highly nutritious and tastes delicious.
- Full breakfast: Ideal not to be hungry in a few hours. We will mix 2 tablespoons ground oats along with some fresh cheese, seeds, lemon juice, a handful of dried fruits or dehydrated fruits and a spoonful of honey. We can also add some fresh fruit.
Do not miss dinner
Thanks to its soothing properties, we can add a small amount of oats in the Dinner To help us Combat insomnia and improve our rest. The best way is Prepare a vegetable cream and add a handful of oat flakes per person. We can substitute dairy products or potatoes for oats, which will also give you creaminess and consistency.
Mask for delicate skin
Those who have delicate skin that becomes red or irritated easily Will find a great remedy in oats, a cereal that will bring softness and protection to our skin .
We will drill two tablespoons of oat flakes in a glass of water for 10 minutes. Let rest and beat until you get a cream, which we apply to our face as a mask. We'll leave it on for 15 minutes and wash our face thoroughly.
Bath for dermatitis
Oats is a cereal that also contains mucilages, which help us to Soften the skin. It is especially beneficial when we suffer from itching. If we suffer in different areas of the body we propose to prepare a bath .
We will boil half a kilo of oats in flakes for 3 minutes and then we will beat the mixture well. The result will be a thick oat milk that we will add to the bath water.
This bath can be completed using an"oat sponge" . We will put three handfuls of oat flakes inside a porous gauze cloth, and tie it with a bow. This bag will be used as a sponge to gently massage our body, as in contact with the hot water will release its nutrients.
Images courtesy of JaBB, robin lee and Dennis Wong