The liver fulfills very important functions in our organism and its health is vital for the correct functioning of the rest of our organs. Our liver is in charge of filtering toxins and debris from the bloodstream to prevent many diseases. Further, he liver Is responsible for metabolizing fat to prevent problems such as being overweight and obese.
However, poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, free radicals, pollution, or bad habits of life, among others, can cause an accumulation of waste and toxins in our body, Overloading tasks to the liver and preventing it from working properly.
Several experts say that the accumulation of toxic substances in the liver can cause health problems such as allergies, insomnia, depression, excess weight, accumulation of fat in the belly, joint pain, fatigue, headache and acne. For this reason It is very important to improve life habits and look for different alternatives to cleanse the liver and eliminate all those toxins that affect your health.
Benefits of cleansing the liver
- Cleansing the liver helps to improve overall health since, with it, We will get the heart and cardiovascular system to pump blood in a more efficient way. In addition, the liver is in charge of providing the necessary nutrients for the ligaments and Tendons Are healthy, to maintain good joint health.
- When we cleanse our liver, we are providing the essential nutrients it needs to Combat free radicals and all those toxic substances that can make us sick.
- Detoxification of the liver is one of the most effective ways to protect the body from toxic build-up and excess fat. Once the toxins are removed from the body, Also will remove much of the fat deposits, which are responsible for gaining weight.
- In addition to improving liver function and overall health, liver cleansing also Is key to preventing premature aging And skin problems like acne and blemishes.
- Regular cleansing of the liver helps to preserve the beauty of skin, hair and nails.
Drink detox to cleanse your liver
After knowing the benefits and importance of cleansing the liver, We want to share a powerful detox drink that will help you eliminate the toxic substances in your body , As well as fats and other wastes that can affect your health.
The high depurative power of this drink is due to its contents of curcumin , Which is the active ingredient of the turmeric , Which has been shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and anticancer activity. In addition, we will use lemon , Which is another highly detoxifying and depurative food, Capable of fighting free radicals in the body, eliminating toxins and balancing the body's pH while fighting acidity. Lemon is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and other essential nutrients that help cleanse the liver and blood for better health.
You will need:
- ⅓ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 12 ounces of water (about 350 ml).
- 1 tablespoon honey.
How to prepare it?
Combine all ingredients and consume this drink every day, preferably on an empty stomach.
You should avoid consuming this detox drink if:
- You are taking some kind of liver health medication.
- You are pregnant.
- You have trouble diabetes .
- Low sugar suffers.
- You have heart problems
- You have food problems.
In any of the mentioned cases it is very important to consult the doctor before wanting to consume this or any other drink to purify the liver.
Remember that To keep your liver healthy and clean it is also important to improve your lifestyle, especially in terms of food.
- Avoid consumption of processed foods.
- Reduce the maximum consumption of refined foods.
- Reduce salt intake.
- Avoid excessive consumption of sodas, soft drinks, coffee and energy drinks.
- Increase consumption of fruits, vegetables and cereals.
- Increase water consumption.
- Adopt healthier lifestyles that help fight stress and anxiety.
- Have a good Exercise routine .
- Avoid habits such as smoking and alcoholism.
- Avoid falling into sedentary, overweight or obese lifestyle.