If you get home and it hurts to the last muscle of the body; If you say that you do not have time to go to the gym or go running; If overweight is making a dent in your body, then do not hesitate to read the following article. You'll learn Easy exercises to do on the job.
Why exercise at work?
You will probably spend six, eight or even ten hours sitting in the same position in front of the computer. It is obvious that your body says enough in one way or another. Among the most common problems of sedentariness by the work in the offices we can find:
- he stress .
- Visual fatigue (due to decreased flicker).
- Dry eye.
- severe headache.
- Back, nape and shoulder pains.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (in the wrist by the use of the mouse and the keyboard).
- Resentment in the muscles and tendons of certain parts of the body by repetitive movements.
- Accumulation of liquids.
- Abdominal fat.
- Tingling in the lower extremities.
- Swelling of the ankles.
So, In order to avoid or at least reduce these symptoms, it is good that you perform an exercise routine, Which will take you about twenty minutes. You can divide them into two parts, the first one in the middle of the morning and the second in the middle of the afternoon. They will allow the muscles to rest and, at the same time, to move, avoiding the numbness or the atrophy of certain parts of the body.
Parts that usually remain static, such as the legs, will be activated, which will give a greater sensation of break And comfort. You will break the routine and reduce stress levels, you will have more courage and you will be more productive , So it is also a benefit for the company where you work.
Routine for mid-morning in the office
- Turn the head to the right side until the chin is as close as possible to the shoulder line, hold for a few minutes and return to the center. Do it for the left side and repeat twice more for each side.
- Tilt your head back, slightly opening your mouth to further relax the muscles at the nape of your neck. Stay for a while and return to the center. Now lower your head so your chin touches your chest. Repeat the series two more times.
- Shrug your shoulders until you touch your ears and hold for ten seconds . Rest another ten and repeat three more times.
- Stand up and place your hands on the waist, bringing your shoulders slightly back, with your back straight (not forming a bow). Contract the abdomen and bra.
- Separate the legs and raise one knee, holding it with the hands. Hold 30 seconds, lower and change legs. Repeat three more times on each side.
- Swing the sole of the foot starting at the tip and ending at the heel, Repeat three times.
- Make circular movements with the ankles, one at a time, clockwise and counterclockwise.
- Stretch your arms forward (stay away a little so you do not hit the screen), join the palms of the hands, lower and raise your arms at least ten times, without bending your elbows.
Routine for mid afternoon in the office
- Head right, hold right hand over left ear, rest head to right side and hold for a few seconds. Return to the center and repeat with the other hand. Do three repetitions on each side.
- Take the left wrist with your right hand with your arms behind your head. Slightly pull down, tilting the head to the right shoulder side. Hold for a few seconds and change sides. You will complete a series. Do two more series.
- Bring your shoulders to the ears and move them in circles backwards first and then forward , For at least one minute. Rest 30 seconds and repeat twice more.
- Stand up, spread your legs a little, contract your abdomen, lean your back forward and stretch your arms, as much as you can. Count to ten and return to the starting position, always with your back straight. Repeat three times.
- Walk exaggeratedly, touching the heel and the tip for ten seconds.
- Tie your hands close to your chest and rotate with your wrists, to one side and the other, For a minute. Rest 30 seconds and start again.
- Pull the right arm forward so that the palm of the hand is facing upwards, push with your left hand down your fingers for a few seconds. Do the same with your left arm.
Recommendations to be at work
- Always maintain a good posture, with your back as straight as possible, shoulders slightly back.
- The legs should be flexed by the knees and feet resting flat on the floor.
- Stand every half hour, walk around the office and try to stretch a little, bringing your arms to the ceiling, for example.
- Rotate wrists and ankles every hour, same with neck.
- Contract the abs and muscles of your buttocks, hold a few seconds and relax.
- While these exercises may help you not to hurt your joints or tendons, remember that it is not enough to lead a healthy life. That is They do not replace physical activity according to age or sex.