Keep a Healthy and happy couple relationship Implies, above all, knowing how to enrich each other through respect, recognition and love. However it is not always so. There are times when, without knowing very well how, we end up losing our own dignity to be"adhered"to a relationship Completely toxic.
Why we do it? Why is it so hard for us to walk away from a person who It hurts us ? The answer is simple, at the same time full of innumerable dimensions: Emotional dependence.
Let's talk today about this aspect so common in relationships.
How is emotional dependence characterized?
The emotional dependence Has a double face, a double mask where the expression of the most devout and absolute love, on the one hand, and of suffering, on the other. They are relations where, far from there being a tranquility and a harmony, we are subject to some Constant ups and downs . It's like living in a Ferris wheel.
Let's see more features below:
- Despite being aware that this type of relationship damages us, we are unable to Put distance . To end this union.
- Emotional dependence is always based on the manipulation . It seeks to control the life of the other to avoid being abandoned, and this often results in the appearance of jealousy, mistrust and even blackmail.
- We conduct highly exaggerated behavior Overprotection towards the couple , We focus our entire universe on"our other half"and, at times, we leave aside our family and friends.
- Normally there are two profiles inside the pair: the dominant and the dominated. The former erects its power through jealousy, blackmail, Distrust and firm authority. The dominated one is generally submissive but, far from To flee from this type of relationship , Remains inside this"toxic circle"for fear of being abandoned, or because his love is so blind that he does not see the reality of the problem.
- We must take into account that emotional dependence is a very complex dimension, easy to see for those who are outside it, but those who live it, those who suffer it, often have A bandage on the eyes for a long time.
How do you get out of a relationship based on emotional dependency?
- The first and most important step is, no doubt, recognize Our"emotional dependence". It is impossible to act in front of what is not made conscious, so it is important that every day you put your heart in a balance. What weighs more? The happiness Or suffering? Think about it carefully and objectively analyze your situation.
- The second step is to learn to take responsibility for our own lives. Learn to be more autonomous and not so dependent on your partner, Strengthen your self-esteem And always feel sure of yourself.
- He values more the"here and now". Do not stop to think about how your partner was in the past, how he looked after you or how he respected you. What matters is the present, So ask yourself: Does your partner make you happy now? Do you live in this moment the life that you really want? Think about it, it's important.
- Never be afraid of loneliness. If your main fear is leaving your partner because you do not conceive of seeing you alone despite being unhappy, then the problem is yours and you must solve it. To be a mature and happy person, you must first learn to enjoy yourself, your loneliness, listening to your inner voice. Love does not aim to find our"other half". Absolutely. First you must learn to be"a whole person"and without emotional gaps, to enjoy more fully a relationship. Recover it!