He Eggplant cordon bleu Is our version of the French dish originally made with chicken. In this opportunity, we substitute the animal protein for a super vegetable: the eggplant, creating a delicious, low fat and vegetarian food.
The eggplant , As we have said on several occasions, Has incredible medicinal properties , Is anti-cancer, it is also a vegetable that provides a smoky flavor to our meals and provides us with well-being.
Fat free, low in calories, the Eggplant cordon bleu Will satisfy your appetite and will be a good choice for lunch, helping to follow your diet Or diet.
In particular, this is a Recipe for vegetable lovers, Which will please the whole family. Try it, of course not. You will miss the meat .
Have you bought eggplants and do not know what else to do with them? Want to know one Recipe with eggplants Beyond roasting or sautéing them with olive oil and garlic? Eggplant cordon bleu is our healthy choice For you with a different presentation of this vegetable.
Ingredients for making eggplant cordon bleu
- An eggplant
- 150 grams of mozzarella or emmental cheese
- 100 grams of cooked ham or bacon
- Wheat flour
- Bread crumbs
- 250 milliliters of sunflower oil
- Garlic, pepper and salt
How to make eggplant cordon bleu?
- We cut the aubergine on wheels, can also cut into sheets no more than ½ inch thick. If we cut them thicker they could be raw.
- To the eggplant, as it is a food that tends to oxidize on contact with the air, darkening its pulp, it is advisable that Let's put a little from lemon juice, For this process to be delayed And a little salt, So that the vegetable loses its bitterness.
- We keep in the fridge For 30 minutes until the vegetable releases part of its water.
- We take the eggplants already dry and Season With salt, pepper, garlic and a touch of olive oil.
- We put on a slice of eggplant a Slice of mozzarella or emmental cheese And another of Baked ham or bacon , We covered as if it were a sandwich With another slice of aubergine and ensure with a toothpick that our cordon bleu eggplant will not be disassembled.
- We passed our Cordon bleu For flour to which we have added rosemary powder, then for the beaten egg and then for the breadcrumbs, Making sure That everything is covered with the mixture.
- We take to Deep and moderate frying Until the breading is golden brown. An optional step is Bake for 5 minutes at 150ºC To make sure our cordon bleu is well made.
- We put our cordon bleu in a plate with Absorbent napkin To remove excess oil.
- We serve immediately well accompanied with a Neapolitan sauce or one of our Mayonnaise without egg And a fresh salad of lettuces.
He Eggplant cordon bleu Is a new and healthy garnish, which allows us to vary the menu at home and incorporate new food options into our daily life. Dare to do this preparation that will not take more than 20 minutes .
The creativity of the kitchen comes into play. The filling we could substitute without losing the essence of our French cordon bleu by Mushrooms, mountain ham, dried tomatoes, basil or spinach , And thus give a touch of unique flavor.
Another option of breading is to substitute wheat flour and breadcrumbs, for Oatmeal or roasted corn flakes cereal , To make our recipe more crispy.