Congestion of the sinuses can be caused by a large number of conditions, both environmental and health. Swelling and infection of the sinuses can occur when there is a severe cold, flu, when there is exposure or some contact with certain bacteria Or when you suffer from allergies to dust, pollen or pets, among others.
Similarly, there are millions of people suffering from this health condition, so we will share some very useful recommendations, simple and natural treatments to reduce this uncomfortable condition.
Home remedies for paranasal sinus inflammation
Apple cider vinegar
Among the large number of health benefits known to apple cider vinegar, we can highlight the importance it has for the Treatment of sinus infection. For this treatment it is recommended to mix two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar In eight ounces of warm water, and then add a tablespoon of honey. This mixture can be taken once a day, making the infection disappear in a short time.
Vinegar can also be used by receiving the vapors from the mixture with a half cup of water. This combination should be heated until it is about to boil and then you have to inhale the steam with your eyes and mouth closed. This procedure must be performed -at least- three times a day.
The turmeric Possesses a powerful compound called curcumin , Which offers great benefits to health, among which we can highlight the Excellent ability to stop inflammation of the sinuses. They can take advantage of all their properties when used as condiment of different dishes.
This is the oldest home remedy used by previous generations, since it gives magnificent results, especially if it is done as a complement to the previous remedies. The rinse should be a mixture of one cup of warm water with one tablespoon of sea salt; This saline solution is used to flush nasal passages using a special"pear"for this procedure (although a large syringe may also be used). It can be done several times a day to obtain satisfactory results sooner.
- Try to raise your head to sleep.
- Put compresses of Warm salt water On the forehead and to the sides of the nose several times a day.
- Try to ingest vitamin C twice a day.
- Drinking enough water during the day is also very effective in helping to decongest and deflate the paranasal sinuses, as this area is hydrated and the mucus removal process is easier.
- Keep the room and the office perfectly clean and free from objects that may cause Allergies .
- The tongue and thumb can be two very useful tools when helping to clear the nose. All you have to do is press with your tongue on the top of your mouth, that is on the palate and at the same time press your thumb on the brow for twenty seconds. In this way you will almost immediately feel that your sinuses begin to drain and uncover.