There are different ways to prepare homemade chicken patties, depending on the ingredients you have available. You can choose to make the dough yourself or buy it made. Pay attention to the following recipes that we offer you in this article.
Take the chicken left over from the previous dinner, treat your guests to a birthday, prepare an entree for when you feel like eating anything before dinner or serve your children a different way of eating chicken .
Recipe # 1 of homemade chicken dumplings
In this opportunity we also teach you how to make the dough, but if you prefer you can directly buy it already made.
For the mass of the empanadillas:
- 150 cm3 of water
- 150 cm3 of olive oil
- 350 grams of common flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- Half cooked chicken, roasted or grilled
- 6 piquillo peppers
- 1 can of stuffed olives
- 3 eggs
The steps to follow are:
- 1-In a saucepan place the oil and water to heat, until it boils.
- 2-Mix the flour with the salt.
- 3- Pour the water and the oil into a bowl, wait two minutes and pour the flour.
- 4-Mix well until forming a compact mass, let cool and takes to the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- 5-Meanwhile, prepare the filling of the patties. Cut the chicken into small pieces and boil the eggs with a little water (when boiling, leave about 15 minutes more).
- 6-Chop the olives and the Peppers Very small.
- 7-In a frying pan, sauté with a little oil the chicken, finely chopped eggs, olives and peppers.
- 8-Remove the dough from the refrigerator and stretch as much as you can.
- 9-Cut with a mold circles of about 12 cm in diameter.
- 10-Place one or two tablespoons of the filling in one of the halves of each pie and wet the edges with water.
- 11-Fold in half to close them and flatten using a fork so they do not open.
- 12-Fry in hot oil (not much because they will burn). You can also make them in the oven.
Recipe # 2 of homemade chicken dumplings
In this case, the filling will be more seasoned because you will use curry. Also it is a very simple recipe, of low cost and that is made to the oven.
- 1 packet of dough for pie (or ingredients needed to make them)
- 250 grams of shredded chicken meat
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon curry
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
Steps to follow:
- 1-Chop the onion and sauté it in a frying pan with little oil.
- 2-Shred the chicken meat and season it.
- 3-Add the pan with the onion Until everything is done.
- 4-In a saucepan pour the butter until it is melted and pour the flour, stirring with wooden spoon.
- 5-When browning a little, pour the previously heated milk, stir until no more lumps and get a creamy texture.
- 6-Add seasonings and simmer for two minutes.
- 7-Pour this cream into the chicken stuffing with onion and let it all cool down.
- 8- Fill the pastry dough and then close them, paint them with an egg.
- 9-Bring to the oven until golden brown on both sides.
Recipe # 3 of homemade chicken dumplings
- Remains of chicken from the previous meal (already cooked)
- 12 topping patties
- 4 tablespoons thick cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato
- 1 egg
The steps to follow:
- 1-Pica the chicken that you left of the dinner.
- 2-In a saucepan heat the cream with the tomato And then add the chicken meat.
- 3-When thick, remove from heat, allow to cool and fill in patty tops.
- 4-Bring to the oven until golden brown on both sides.