All people lose hair, between 70 and 100 hairs per day. Although this is completely normal, l Alopecia is the abnormal loss of hair, that is, when a person loses more than 100 hairs a day. In this case it is considered that he suffers from alopecia or baldness.
Typically, that fall occurs in the head but can also affect:
- Genital region.
In this article we will talk more about alopecia, its causes, symptoms, besides that causes to prevent it and the best natural remedies to treat it naturally.
Causes of alopecia
Among the different causes that cause alopecia we find:
- Genetic factors
- Inadequate nutrition
- Endocrine diseases, such as hypothyroidism
- Infectious processes
- Pharmacological interactions (especially with certain drugs used in chemotherapy, hypervitaminosis A, hypocholesterolemic, antithyroid and anticoagulants)
- Lack of iron or anemia
Read also: Eat more zinc to avoid alopecia
Symptoms of alopecia
The loss of density usually begins in the entrances and corners in men, and in the area of the hairline in women. Some less frequent forms of alopecia may cause itching or even pain in the scalp .
- If we find many hairs on the pillow when we wake up, it may be indicative that we are losing more hair than usual.
- If we lose a lot of hair when we wash our hair, it is a sign of alopecia. This loss can also occur when brushing or combing .
- Excess dandruff or fat can be one of the factors that are causing hair loss.
The most useful measure to improve the capillary prognosis is to perform an adequate diagnosis and early treatment once alopecia appears.
- The habits of healthy life (not smoking, having an adequate diet, avoiding excessive sun exposure) can favor the maintenance of a proper capillary health and produce an improvement in hair cosmetics.
- Drink a lot of water. Like the rest of the body parts, our hair also needs to be hydrated to look bright and healthy and to be more resistant. Thus, we should make it a habit to drink about two liters a day of Water to help combat alopecia.
Affectations in everyday life
This disease can become a great aesthetic and personal problem.
It is, without doubt, one of the aesthetic problems with more affected people in the world. Many even influence them emotionally. Thus, it can cause the loss of self esteem, or cause them problems of bullying in his work and personal life.
Natural remedies to treat alopecia
Carrot juice and coconut milk
The carrot It contains vitamin B6, B12 and antioxidants, which will help strengthen the hair and make it healthier. Coconut milk contains vitamins, trace elements, amino acids and mineral salts. All this will help our hair to be healthier and stronger .
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of coconut milk (250 ml)
What should you do?
- We add both ingredients to the blender and process about 3 or 4 minutes, until a more or less homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Without straining, we will apply it on our hair, we will let it act for 30 minutes and we will wash with abundant cold water.
Vinegar is a great natural remedy to help us fight hair loss caused by excess fat. In addition, it will help stimulate your circulation.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
What should you do?
- We will apply apple cider vinegar to our hair and we will make very soft massages in a circular way.
- After 45 minutes, wash with plenty of warm water.
Recommendations and tips to prevent hair loss
Here are some recommendations to help prevent and reduce this problem:
- Avoid stress. Perform activities such as yoga, laughter therapy, taichi or physical exercise helps produce endorphins.
- Treat health problems such as depression, anxiety or anemia if you have any of them.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet, rich in iron, antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins A, B, C and E. This It will help strengthen the hair and energize the hair follicle.
- Use soft brushes and avoid very tight hairstyles and use of suspenders.
- Avoid smoking: an excess of this quickly weakens the hair follicle.