Bunions are a condition that causes deformation of the big toe joint And its development is often associated with genetic factors or inappropriate use of the footwear we use frequently. Often, bunions appear from the age of 30, almost always affecting both feet, with symptoms that include: tumor, inflammation and redness of the area, pain when walking, or formation of hardness in the nearby skin, among others. If you recognize these symptoms, the ideal is Consult with a podiatrist to receive the appropriate treatment to cure them, because sometimes surgery is necessary.
In addition to medical treatment, there are several home remedies that can help reduce the problem of Bunions , Relieve their discomfort and prevent their appearance again. We then share you The best home remedies to get rid of bunions naturally.
Lavender oil Is a very popular remedy in the treatment of bunions, since its properties help to relieve the pain and inflammation of the affected area . All you have to do is mix dried lavender flowers with olive or almond oil, simmer it to the Maria bath and finally strain to get the lavender oil. The liquid should be reserved in a hermetic glass jar and ideally you apply this remedy every night on the bunion, performing gentle massages.
Sales of Epsom
For Reduce the annoying pains and inflammation caused by bunions , One of the most popular and effective remedies is to perform a foot bath with salt. In a bowl with warm water, add two tablespoons of Epsom salts And the feet are immersed for 20 minutes.
The rue has multiple benefits to reduce the pains and inflammation proper of rheumatic diseases like arthritis and osteoarthritis. To reduce the pain of the bunions, it is recommended to take a bath of warm water and with a little rue . A kind of infusion is prepared and the feet are immersed for 15 minutes.
Oil of lily
The lily bulbs contain an oil that is used in different industries for the manufacture of home remedies to relieve the Joint pain . You can buy the oil of lily, or prepare it at home using a few leaves of the plant, which you must immerse in brandy for 5 minutes. When you have the remedy ready, you should apply it with gentle massages in the affected area.
Laurel has many properties that help us fight bunions both externally and internally. This treatment should be followed for 2 months, although the results begin to see during the first 10 days of application.
- First, you should prepare a laurel infusion and leave it on a thermos overnight. The next morning, the gut and drink in small sips during the day. Repeat its consumption for three days in a row and rest for a week.
- You can also finely crush 5 sheets of laurel And poured over 100 ml of 96% alcohol. The mixture is allowed to macerate for a week and then applied directly to the affected area, preferably after soaking the feet in warm water.
- They massage the feet, apply this remedy every night and are covered with socks for better results.
- A very popular remedy to get rid of bunions is Mixture of iodine with aspirin . This remedy is applied directly on the bunions, to stop their growth and relieve pain in the joints.
- Another option to take advantage of the benefits of iodine is Mix equal parts of lemon juice and iodine, Apply directly to the affected area and massage.
Other recommendations to relieve bunions
- Maintain a balanced weight to avoid worsening this problem with being overweight.
- Increase consumption of Vitamin A And C, calcium and vitamin D To strengthen the bones.
- It is very important to use comfortable footwear, wide toe and flexible materials. Shoes too tight or too high can make bunions worse.
- If bunions are causing discomfort, ideally use an open footwear that gives more comfort to the foot.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com