Make a lipstick At home is something as easy as fun. And if we elaborate it based on Chocolate and mint ? The combination is as attractive as beneficial to the health of our lips. It softens, tones, moisturizes and treats any type of inflammation. Having this type of lip balm every day in your bag will give you that protection that is so indispensable and Attractive From which you can no longer do without. Do you dare to do it at home?
What do I need to make my chocolate and mint lipstick?
1. Cacao butter
You can find it in many beauty shops or in herbal shops. It is an elaborate lard based on seeds of the tree of the cocoa . Thanks to its properties, we will get a few more lips Elastic, soft and flexible. In addition to cocoa butter, for our lip balm we will need some grated black chocolate, the equivalent of a spoonful.
You will also find it in natural beauty stores, it is not expensive and can have multiple uses in your day to day. What brings us in our lip balm? Hydration and nutrition, besides Antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Nor can we ignore that it has vitamin A, great for getting attractive and healthy lips.
4. Essential oil of mint
We can find essential peppermint oil in many places: beauty shops, natural stores or health food shops... It is very suitable for our general health and also for beauty resources like this lip balm.
You know, moreover, that mint is a great Antibacterial, rising as an excellent antiseptic, anti-inflammatory , Analgesic and antimicrobial. What else can we lose? Simply wonderful, and in addition, this peppermint oil is not expensive at all, on the contrary.
5. Vitamin E oil
You can find it in capsules, both in pharmacies and in natural stores. Vitamin E Protects, nourishes and is a great emollient for everything related to cosmetics for its antioxidant properties.
As we will use very little, you will realize that having vitamin E at home is very cost effective. Is Useful for our hair, our nails...
How to Make My Chocolate and Mint Lip Balm
Amounts to get about 1.5 oz (40 g) of lip balm
- 1 spoonful of cocoa butter.
- 1 tablespoon chocolate Grated black (15 mg).
- 1 teaspoon grated beeswax (5 g).
- 15 drops of Mint essential oil .
- 2 drops of vitamin E oil.
- You will need one Small pot Or a reduced casserole to make this balm. Some people use a small type of jug for these beauty related items. But do not worry, you'll be fine whatever you use to bring it to the fire. Once you have chosen the utensil, add the cocoa butter, the grated chocolate and the beeswax. Simmer until completely melted and a well-blended mixture.
- Excellent. Remove this pan from the heat and add Mint oil and vitamin E , While you slowly remove. Very easy!
- Pour this mixture immediately into the Little boat Of glass you have chosen, before it cools down. Look for a container that look like the one you see in the picture above as they are easier to use on a day to day basis. Make sure these jars are very clean.
- Next step? It allows To cool In the refrigerator completely before plugging it. In a couple of hours you'll have it ready. You will see how good it smells!
- If you see that you have some liquid left, you will have to reheat it and add a little more of beeswax. On the contrary, if you see that it is very hard, we will add some essential peppermint oil.
- This lip balm lasts for many weeks. You can carry it in your bag all day and use it. You'll be fine.
If you suffer from Very cracked lips And somewhat punished, we recommend that you try the lip balm of rosehip . It is very curative for these cases, as it has very moisturizing properties that give very good results. To make it, you only have to substitute white beeswax for cocoa butter.
In this case do not include chocolate or peppermint oil, instead add two drops of essential oil of Roses The result is fantastic. And you want to know one more trick? If you want your lip balm to have some color, add during cooking A piece of beet . It gives a very attractive result.