"Doowaps" . You must have seen them on occasion. They are simple buns rolled with small chocolate nuggets. It is worth learning the recipe for Make them at home , Without preservatives, only natural ingredients with which to seduce your palate and your family. Do you dare to do them?
Recipe for Doowaps or homemade chocolate nuggets
It is frequent to see in our supermarkets The classic Doowaps Stuffed in their ready-made plastic bags To serve as a snack For the little ones. It is what we normally know as Industrial bakery . Made in string And oriented to be durable in the time, they elaborate them with preservatives so that they can be consumed between seven or more days. It is healthy? Of course not. It is always much better to do them at home, with Natural ingredients And no trace of chemicals.
These Home buns With seeds of chocolate Are delicious freshly made, Perfect to consume between today and at most tomorrow. We know that it has a high caloric index, which is not a dessert that we can follow in slimming diets. But this does not mean that we can accompany you once a week With our breakfast . And why not, we are sure that The little ones will love to try out your"Doowaps". So... why not? We go there with the recipe.
What do I need to make my Doowaps?
Ingredients to make 8 Doowaps:
- 100 grams of skimmed milk
- 15 grams fresh yeast or if you do not have it, you can use 5 grams of dry yeast
- A spoonful of vanilla essence
- 30 grams of butter
- 1 yolk of egg
- 20 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 60 grams of chocolate chips (you can find them already ready in stores, or cut yourself a tablet, ideal For example black chocolate , The purest and With less sugar.
- 1 egg for brushing
How Do I Do My Doowaps?
- Too easy. We will start by taking the flour and putting it in a glass bowl. A bowl. We make a hole in the center of the flour and we put the yeast, the skimmed milk - that is lukewarm. Add also egg yolk, sugar and vanilla essence. Easy!
- Now ideally you start kneading with very clean hands , Little by little but with energy to form a well homogeneous mass. No lumps.
- Once you have it well mixed and you have achieved a kind of"ball", it is time to take it to a smooth surface, where you have previously put flour. We will continue kneading it here to obtain a fine and elastic texture. Like a gum more or less.
- The next thing we will do is allow the dough to rest for at least an hour . In this way the yeast is better integrated, like the rest of ingredients. One hour and you'll be ready to work out our rich"Doowaps"
- Has it been an hour already? Excellent. Now what we will do is make small balls. Balls that fit in the palm of your hand. Try to get at least eight Doowaps. Once you have the 8 balls, drop the chocolate nuggets on them. As we told you you can buy them already made, or chop your a black chocolate tablet. It's healthier.
- Now we paint our eggs with our yolks. They will be golden and appetizing. Very easy.
- Allow one hour to rest again . In this way the bun comes out much more consistent and at the same time with that delicate texture that we look for in our"Doowaps".
- Meanwhile, you can reheat the oven 15 minutes to 180 degrees above and below.
- Perfect, you can put the buns in the oven. Go carefully because they are done fast, between 10 and 15 minutes. Control the oven so they do not burn, when the golden veins are ready.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes outside the oven... And you already have them ready: they are delicate and tasty. Enjoy your chocolate nuggets!
Courtesy image: speed-spoon