Kebab is a recipe rich in flavor and long in history, As its hometown, the Middle East. So it is not strange that this dish undergoes alterations according to the country where it is prepared. In the West, we know the fast versions of this dish, as there are new ways to prepare dishes typical of Chinese, Indian or Japanese cuisine.
So, what grace would I teach you to draw up the version known to all of you Kebab Selling on truckfood and instant food stalls? None, right?
In Better with Health We want to give you the traditional recipe of lamb kebab, meat that of course you can substitute for your convenience. But this time Let's go to the origin of a food treat , Exotic and with a cultural weight that leaves us entranced.
The secret of typical oriental kebab Is the process of cooking the meat and the seasoning that we add. In these two steps is where we should pay more attention, without neglecting the rest of the preparation.
The grilled meat with amazing smoky touch and the combination of Spices Strong in flavor like onion, pepper, cumin and ginger are essential. Otherwise, we will have another kebab in the pile, those that abound on the web and the truth is not what we want. We are looking for you to prepare the best homemade kebab you have tasted so far .
The kebab is the grilled arrangement of pieces of Marinated meat, pierced by a steel or wood stick . That is, skewers of lamb cooked directly on the fire.
Definitely, Kebab is a recipe for special days, When you meet at home with friends, you want to celebrate with an oriental theme or for a healthy and nutritious dinner, because If any goodness has the Oriental food Is that it values proteins , Vegetables and baked cooking over fried foods and large amounts of carbohydrates.
Ingredients for 10 servings of homemade kebab
- One kilogram of lean lamb meat (ask in the store that 500 grs. Are chopped and 500 grs. Ground)
- Two large onions.
- A green pepper.
- Four cloves of garlic.
- A lemon.
- Olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
To adobar the kebab to the best Arab style, We will give you the recipe of two condiments : Ras El Hanout and the seven spices, you decide with which to marinate the lamb meat.
Moroccan Ras Al Hanut Is made up of up to 20 exotic spices and varies according to the condiment supplier, because it is he who prepares it to his liking, using the best he has in the store, that is why the Ras Al Hanut is known as "The head of the store" For being the star dressing.
So To get creative and mix : Black pepper, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, paprika, ginger And parsley.
Seven Lebanese spices or baharat Is an aromatic blend that will not leave any of your guests indifferent. It is a powdered mixture of cloves, cumin, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper and / or jamaica pepper, cinnamon and coriander seeds.
Now, prepare the best homemade kebab ever!
- Start by separating the cut meat into cubes about 4 inches from the ground lamb meat.
- Separately season each piece of meat with the Mixture of spices Of the Middle East described above.
- Add two cloves of garlic With a few drops of lemon juice. The parsley is to taste, you can add it finely cut to one of the preparations to give freshness.
- Let Marinate the meat To absorb the taste and juices of the marinade.
- With the Ground lamb meat, You have to get A homogenous mixture and then begins to form small sausages and string them into the sticks.
- To the meat cut in dice also you will cross it with chopsticks, Sandwiching the pieces of lamb with chunks of onion and pepper.
- In this point, We already have two magnificent presentations For our kebab.
- Carry the Homemade kebab Grilled and sprinkled with olive oil. Roast the meat until the desired cooking point is reached.
He Homemade kebab It goes very well with a tabulated salad or an onion salad in feather cut, pita bread, rice and Arab sauces: hummus , Baba ganush, tahina sauce or yogurt sauce as simple to prepare as to join Natural yogurt , Lemon juice, parsley, salt and black pepper.