Healthy food is a need that can become a concern. The reality can vary if we take into account the different alternatives to eat delicious and healthy foods. Next, we will see how to make marmalade with stevia in an easy and very healthy way.
A challenge in the dynamic world today is to avoid obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Processed foods, with large amounts of sugar, invade our markets .
Stevia and its properties
The jam is one of the sweet treats that most fears generate . The excess of sugars ends up being very harmful to health; However, if that risk is minimized with natural products, such as stevia, we will enjoy a rich and healthy snack or drink.
Stevia is a natural sweetener of vegetable origin. It's sweeter than sugar, but it does not raise insulin in the blood , which decreases the risks of diabetes. The small amount of calories contained minimizes the chances of changes in weight, such as obesity or overweight.
Read this article: Know the different natural and healthy sweeteners
Recommendations for preparing jam with stevia
As it is a natural product, without any type of additives, it is necessary to take into account some considerations. For example, stevia only sweetens, but will not make the jam set; The solution may be to incorporate gelatin or pectin without sugar.
- A small amount of lemon juice will help preserve this marmalade . Once made, it should be consumed in a maximum of seven days.
- Another recommendation is not to crush the fruits too much, as the desired consistency will be lost. Ideally, grind with a fork or pass them through the blender, but not too much.
Prescription of jam with stevia: easy and healthy
- 400 grams of any fruit
- 2 tablespoons of stevia powder (30 g)
- ½ tablespoon of neutral flavor gelatin (7 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- Wash and chop the fruit well in small pieces . Grind or beat until they have the desired consistency.
- Add the stevia and lemon juice in the cup of water and mix until it dissolves.
- In a pot, over high heat, add the fruits and water with stevia and lemon juice. When it boils, it is lowered to a low heat, the jelly and stir for half an hour or until you get the desired texture .
- Pour the mixture into jars, wait for it to cool and then take it to the refrigerator.
Plum jam with stevia
- 4 cups plums (600 g)
- 1 glass of orange juice (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons of water (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of pectin (30 g )
- 1 tablespoon of stevia powder (10 g)
- They wash and beat well plums until puree .
- The juice and the orange zest are incorporated.
- Water, cinnamon, pectin and stevia powder are placed in a pot
- Add the plums with the juice and the orange zest and let them boil over high heat. Then it goes down and s e cooks for 45 minutes to one hour .
- They are placed in glass containers. When it cools the mixture is refrigerated.
Discover: 10 benefits you can get from consuming blackberries
Jam of blackberries with stevia
- 4 cups of blackberries (600 g)
- 3 tablespoons ground chia (45 g)
- One lemon's juice
- 3 tablespoons of stevia infusion (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar (15 g) (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- In a cup of water you cook for fifteen minutes or a spoonful of stevia leaves to prepare the infusion .
- Once washed, the blackberries are crushed with the blender next to the chia seeds , lemon, cinnamon and salt. If you want to use coconut sugar, this is the time to incorporate it.
- The stevia infusion is incorporated and the sweetness is tested to rectify it if necessary.
- Let stand for one hour.
- After the indicated time, bring the mixture to a simmer and stir until well cooked.
- It is placed in glass jars. They are covered and placed face down until the mixture cools . If in the central part of the lid an inward groove is made and when turning the bottle does not change, the jam will be sealed to the vacuum.