Hypercholesterolemia is one of the ills that is afflicting the modern population, especially in developed countries.
It is caused by excessive accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries , a lipid substance found in all cells of the body.
It is secreted naturally by the liver, but also can be absorbed through the intake of some foods that contain it.
Although, in a certain amount, it is necessary for some vital processes of the body, its high levels can produce serious health problems.
The most worrying thing is that many are unaware that they have this condition , since it does not manifest itself with strong symptoms until it generates significant damages.
For this reason it is essential to periodically access a blood test and, in case of abnormalities, take immediate action to control it.
The good news is that in addition to medical treatments, there are natural remedies that help us to stabilize it.
Among these we find a natural juice of aloe vera, cucumber and grapefruit, which facilitates the arterial cleaning to remove the residues of this substance.
Do not forget to try it!
Juice of aloe vera, cucumber and grapefruit to lower cholesterol
The ingredients that we combine in this natural juice give us a lot of essential nutrients which, after being assimilated in the body, help to improve the processes that break down excess cholesterol retained in the blood.
Among other things, this is a detoxifying drink and diuretic, which can help reduce excess body weight to minimize the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of aloe vera
The healing properties of aloe vera gel have been part of alternative medicine for hundreds of years.
This plant, recognized for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action, has the ability to protect the organism , promoting the relief of several health problems that interfere in the operation of their main systems.
- In the case of cardiovascular health it is very beneficial, not only because it reduces inflammation, but also because its nutrients facilitate the removal of lipid plaques formed within the arteries .
- Its natural fibers, in addition to its amino acids and vitamins, lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the so-called good cholesterol (HDL).
- It is an excellent ally for remove toxins that travel through the blood and, in addition to this, helps to reduce fluid retention.
Cucumber is a low-calorie vegetable that, because of its rich nutrients, could be very useful in preventing hypercholesterolemia.
- Rich in water and antioxidant compounds, it is a food that reduces the oxidation of fats, preventing cholesterol from being synthesized.
- Its vitamins and minerals decrease plaque formation in the arteries, maintaining the normal flow of blood.
- Your fiber helps trap harmful fats from food , avoiding its retention in the organism.
- Contains potassium , which helps reduce fluid retention to prevent hypertension.
Benefits of Grapefruit
Grapefruit became popular as a supplement to combat excess body weight and high cholesterol.
- Your regular consumption decreases the synthesis of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the liver.
- It increases the antioxidant activity of the blood, minimizing the negative impact of free radicals and reducing plaque formation in the arteries.
- Its dietary fiber helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine and, in addition, improves digestion of fats .
- It is a purifying food that helps to eliminate toxins from the body and, in addition, is ideal for maintaining good circulatory health.
How to prepare this juice of aloe vera, cucumber and grapefruit?
If you have high cholesterol, or, you are aware of having eaten foods rich in this lipid, do not hesitate to prepare this healthy juice.
- The juice of 5 grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera (30 g)
- ½ cucumber
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Extract the juice from the grapefruit and mix it in the blender with the aloe vera gel, cucumber and lemon juice.
- If you like, add a clove of raw garlic to enhance its properties.
- After obtaining a homogenous drink without lumps, serve immediately.
Mode of consumption
- Take the juice on an empty stomach, at least 3 times a week.
As you can see, preparing a juice against cholesterol is very simple and does not require expensive or difficult to acquire ingredients.
The most important is accompany your consumption with a healthy and low fat diet , since their properties will be of no use if they are maintained bad eating habits .