We all know the great Benefits of aloe vera. This medicinal plant and of enormous properties is very easy to cultivate. So much, it certainly deserves to have it at home. It needs little care, little water and, moreover, it is enough to have it inside.
Would you like to know how to grow your aloe plant? Describe it with us.
1. Why is it good to have an aloe vera plant at home?
They say the popular voices, that there is no day in which not that a new More property of aloe vera. It's marvelous. A natural resource Within our reach that we should take into account. This plant can be the solution to many of these everyday conditions and problems.
Do you know the most relevant properties?
- It has multiple vitamins and minerals. From group B, tannins, oils, fatty acids (oleic and linoleic), to numerous amino acids.
- Aloe vera also has the ability to Regenerate skin cells , Very suitable for burns, for example.
- It is very digestive and it constipation .
- One of its best virtues is that aloe vera stands as an excellent depurative.
- In addition to treating skin problems, it is also ideal for regenerating internal tissues.
- Is a Good natural painkiller , Without side effects.
- Removes fungi and viruses.
- Aloe vera protects and strengthens our immune system.
- It's a good Anti-inflammatory.
2. Learn to grow your own aloe vera at home
What do I need?
- A large pot of clay.
- Half normal garden soil and the other half peat.
- Gravel we put to the bottom of the pot, and that will serve as a drainage system.
- The cutting of the aloe that we want to cultivate.
What kind of aloe vera can I choose?
You should know that there are more than 200 types of aloe vera plants. Which one to choose then? Take note of the best:
- ALOE ARBORESCENS: It is considered premium of aloe vera and is shaped like an octopus. It grows very fast and it does, yes, in the form of a bush, can reach up to 4 meters. As for its properties tell you that it has many, such as treat burns, Skin problems And accelerate healing.
- ALOE SAPONARIA. It has very broad leaves, very fleshy, 15 to 20 cm long, with edges with thorns. It also treats skin problems, is good for constipation, inflammation... It is magnificent and very beautiful. Although that yes, it does not get very big.
- ALOE ARISTATA Its central rosette usually has a diameter of 15 to 30 cm, with very fleshy leaves. In addition to treating the same as the above plants, it is ideal for curing wasp or other insect stings. Very medicinal and preferred when it comes to having at home.
How to grow?
- We begin by putting the gravel in the bottom, which will serve as drainage so that the aloe vera will not rot.
- We put half of land and the other half of Enriched peat . Never put beach sand because the excess salts do not do well for this plant.
- Put the little plant aloe vera That you have chosen in the center and cover it until the beginning of the leaves.
- The aloe usually takes great roots, that is, it grabs with force. Ideally, once you have planted it, do not water it in two weeks. The roots will grow as long as, and after this time, we will give it water.
- Aloe wants sun , Lots of sun, so you can put it in a bright corner of the house or on your balcony.
- It needs very little water, so if you water it every two weeks it will work.
- Al Aloe does not go well the cold, so in winter we must protect it.
- Usually it grows fast and, when you realize it, already they will have left Smaller plants around you . They are their young, which we can start to plant in other pots, once have a height of four fingers.
As you can see, it is very easy to grow aloe vera at home, it grows fast and does not need excessive care. When you see its leaves big enough and fleshy, it will be useful for us Our home remedies. It reproduces also very well, which makes that every now and then you have around you new cuttings.
It is good to remove them so that the central plant grows, and, in turn, you can Create new plants. It is very pleasant to cultivate and its benefits are excellent.