Each time we find that more people take care of their food and want to do without those foods that do not feel good, as many people with gluten or lactose. Other foods such as white sugar are totally expendable in the diet of anyone, as they are poisons for our health.
In this article we explain how you can make a delicious chocolate cake, very simply, and with surprising ingredients that do not include flour, sugar or dairy.
Today our food is based mainly on the Flours . At each meal of the day we find a dish that contains it: Bread, pasta, pastries, pizza, pancakes, biscuits, biscuits, etc.
That is why not only celiac people should avoid flours because of their gluten content, but we all have to have other equally good alternatives to replace them from time to time. In this case we will substitute the flour for the chickpea , Although it may surprise us.
Chickpea flour is well known in some cultures, and in this case we will use cooked chickpeas, which will provide a great nutritional and protein value to our recipe. A delicious way to eat chickpeas!
In addition to people who do not tolerate lactose, many others want to dairy products by Its cholesterol content, because it generates mucus, skin problems, allergies, etc.
This recipe does not require milk, yogurt or butter , And for that reason it will be an even more digestive and healthy biscuit.
He sugar White is totally dispensable from our diet. Numerous studies have shown that Is a poison that demineralizes and acidifies our body And, because we consume it in abundance throughout the day, our state of health worsens.
In this recipe we will replace it with Stevia sweetener , But we could also use honey or agave syrup, since both are very healthy alternatives.
A protein-rich cake
Biscuits are often rich in flours, sugars or creams, and yet, This one is rich in proteins, thanks to the chickpeas and eggs Which contains, so it is very nutritious but without contributing to make us gain weight. On the contrary: it will be an excellent snack to take as a breakfast or snack, or even if we want to allow a satiating low-fat dessert.
It will also be ideal for children and sportsmen . And best of all, no one will notice that it's made with chickpeas.
- 500 grams of chickpeas Cooked (we can use those that sell already cooked or cook them ourselves without salt).
- 2 cups of dark chocolate to melt, without sugar or lactose, or proportional amount of pure cocoa powder.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 tablespoons liquid stevia (no flavor, clear color) or 100 grams of honey or agave syrup.
- Half teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 handfuls of nuts peeled and chopped.
- Optional: cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, vanilla essence.
The elaboration is very easy and very fast. You should follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- In case we use chocolate to melt, we will heat it to the bath Maria.
- We will beat the eggs and then add the chickpeas. We must beat everything well until it is a fine texture. If we have a glass mixer or kitchen robot will be much faster.
- We will add the sweetener that we have chosen and the yeast powder.
- Finally we will add the molten chocolate or the cocoa and the chopped nuts.
- Optionally we can add some spices to further disguise the flavor of chickpea, which will disappear thanks to chocolate, or to give different touches of flavor every time we prepare: cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, vanilla essence, orange zest , etc.
- We will prepare a mold. We will sprinkle with oil and we will oil it.
- We will put it in the oven and leave it for 40 minutes at 180º C. Then we will remove it from the oven and let it cool on top of a grid.
Images courtesy of Xavi Talleda, Uwe Hermann and Olya Sanakoev