Surely you all know the waffles, those buns with square holes that are eaten hot with cream and chocolate melted on top. Mmmm, like to make the mouth water to anyone. Well, it turns out these buns can also be taken salty, with cheese, ham or whatever you can think of. So here we give you several delicious recipes to make Pizza waffles or waffles.
Option 1: Pizza Waffles
- 400 g flour
- 1 on yeast (Royal type)
- 1 teaspoon full of salt.
- 1 teaspoon oregano (extra oregano to sprinkle over)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 4 large eggs.
- 30 g honey (can be substituted for sugar)
- 100 g Butter Fused
- Smooth olive oil.
- 50 g milk.
- Fried tomato.
- 150 g bacon in strips.
- 150-200 g grated mozzarella cheese.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, salt, oregano and garlic powder) With a rod to allow air to enter.
- In the blender jar, mix the eggs, honey (or sugar) butter, oil, milk and tomato. Add the mixture to the bowl of the flour and crush well until a thick puree.
- Add the bacon and mix with the spatula. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the waffle and put the dough. Let them brown and go out on a baking sheet. Cover with grated cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- Gratinar in the oven.
- They can also be prepared in advance and gratin them just before serving.
Option 2: Salty waffles
- 500 g flour of medium strength (can be made with 250 g of loose flour and 250 g of flour of strength).
- 30 g sugar.
- 10 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 250 g milk
- 100 g butter.
- Mix the flour with salt and sugar.
- Undo the yeast in a little warm milk.
- Mix the flour dough with the egg and beat with the mixer about 10 minutes, until the mixture comes off the walls and is shiny and silky.
- Spread the dough on a tray lined with baking paper, cover with buttered film or with a damp cloth and Let stand for one hour.
- After that time, light the waffle until it is very hot. Place in the waffle, previously sprayed with vegetable spray or with liquid butter. Close and Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Option 3: Salty waffles with sauce and egg
For the waffles:
- 115 g flour
- 1 egg
- 160 ml buttermilk
- 40 ml of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast coffee
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt coffee
- 1 teaspoon of sugar coffee.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
For the sauce:
- 1 onion (About 200 g)
- 1-3 piquillo peppers
- 2 ripe red tomatoes
- 1 small garlic or garlic
- 1 small teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili paste (or a chili)
- 200 ml crushed tomato
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Peel and chop the onion, tomatoes and piquillo peppers into small squares and chop the garlic into thin slices.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and the onion with a pinch of salt. When it softens and begins to take color, Add the pepper and let it fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato and sauté until softened, put the tomato crushed, a pinch of salt, the same amount of sugar, oregano and freshly ground pepper. Cook over medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Reserve.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, yeast, salt and pepper. In another bowl mix the liquid ingredients.
- To make the whey, mix as 20 minutes before starting to cook, warm milk with lemon juice. Cover and let stand.
- Once the liquids have been mixed, add the parsley and remove. Put the solids into the liquid mixture and mix until they are completely integrated.
- Prepare the waffle and pour the dough into the holes.
- Fry the eggs.
- About each waffle Put several tablespoons of sauce And a fried egg on top.