Lent is approaching, which means that part of the population will stop eating meat on Fridays. But apart from the potato omelet, the egg in all its forms and the cheese pizza, what can you do to feed yourself these days? An idea is the potato gratin, Which besides being ideal as a single dish, can be consumed as a garnish of fish or meat. As always, we present several recipes:
Option 1: Potatoes gratin with cheese
- 750 g of potatoes Butters
- 200 ml of cream (may be for cooking, but the dessert is thicker and looks better).
- 175 g grated gruyere cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into thin slices (As if he were going to make potato omelette).
- So that the potatoes are softened, once cut, place them in a casserole with water that covers them and leave them during 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Peel and cut a clove of garlic in half. Rub the walls and base of a baking dish with the garlic.
- Grease the walls of the container with butter.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl along with the cream, the nutmeg, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well so that the potatoes pick up the flavor well and pour the contents into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated gruyere cheese on top and add a few pieces of butter.
- Bake for 60 minutes At 180 ° C. Before serving the gratin potatoes, leave to rest about 2 minutes.
Option 2: Potatoes gratin with Emmental cheese
- 1 tooth of Garlic
- 100 g grated Emmental cheese
- 100 ml thick cream
- Grated nutmeg
- 500 g potatoes
- 500 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Put them in a pan with the milk and season with nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Bring to boil the potatoes over medium heat until tender, but with consistency. Strain the potatoes and Reserve the milk .
- Grease a bowl of oven and put layers of potatoes on it.
- Heat the leftover milk from cooking the potatoes with the cream and chopped garlic. Let it boil for a few minutes, season it to taste and pour over the potatoes.
- Divide the cheese over.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or Until the potatoes are tender on the inside and golden on the outside.
Option 3: Potatoes gratin to fine herbs
Ingredients for 4 people):
- 4 potatoes
- 1 package of cream
- Grated cheese
- Fine herbs
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Wash the potatoes well with the skin.
- Cut them in half and then sliced without separating.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Season them, Sprinkle the fine herbs And water with the cream.
- Pour the grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 170 ° C for about 25 minutes.
Option 4: Potatoes gratin stuffed with bacon
This recipe is not valid for Friday of Lent, but it is very rich...
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 150 g smoked bacon
- Olive oil
- Cheese to melt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes very well without removing their skin.
- Wrap them in transparent paper and puncture them with a fork.
- Put them in the microwave Until the potatoes are fully cooked (They have to be soft). Remove paper and reserve.
- Chop the onion, season with salt and pepper and pocharla in the olive oil.
- Chop the bacon into taquitos and add it to the onion.
- With a small spoon, Empty the potatoes And mix whatever you take with the bacon and the onion.
- Stuff the potatoes with the mixture
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with oregano
- Gratin in the oven Until the cheese is golden.