The migraine It is a type of headache that may be accompanied by other symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, or light sensitivity. The pain can be recorded on only one side of the head or both. To avoid this problem, do not hesitate to read the following article, where we will show you a recipe"pure magnesium", to help combat this problem, in addition to other tips and interesting facts.
Causes of migraine
The migraine Is caused by an abnormal activity of the brain and can be triggered by different factors, without even knowing a chain of concrete situations that provoke it. The majority of experts indicate that This pain begins in the head, but also involves nerve and chemical pathways, changing the blood flow to the brain and surrounding tissues .
Before migraine, people have migraines and can be hereditary. Women suffer more from it than men, especially during pregnancy. The pains of head They manifest more than 15 days a month, about 4 hours a day and for a period of at least 3 consecutive months to be considered migraine.
About 2% of the population suffers, especially the female sex. This is because estrogen (the hormone of women) predisposes to it, at specific times of the period, in gestation or in the menopause . The highest incidence of migraine is between 30 and 40 years.
Other causes of migraine
- Caffeine withdrawal.
- Changes in sleep patterns.
- Drink lots of alcohol.
- Bright lights or loud noises.
- Heavy exercises.
- Certain perfumes or odors.
- Smoking or being exposed to smoke.
- The anxiety.
- Skip meals.
Foods that can cause migraines
- Baked goods.
- The chocolate.
- Monosodium glutamate (present in salty products).
- Foods with tyramine (red wine, cured cheese, chicken liver, smoked fish, figs and certain vegetables ).
- Some fruits (citrus, banana and avocado).
- Meat with nitrite (bacon, salami, hot dog).
- Processed, fermented or marinated foods.
Those who suffer from migraine have indicated which are the most frequent symptoms:
- Alterations in vision is a warning sign.
- Blurry vision.
- Eye pain.
- See lines in zigzag or"stars".
- Yawn a lot.
- Problems concentrating or communicating.
- Sharp pain in the head.
- Increased urination.
- Numbness or tingling.
- Sensitivity to sound or light.
- Excessive sweating.
- Need to sleep more.
- Neck pains and numbness.
Magnesium Recipe to Fight Migraine
Studies have revealed that magnesium can help reduce migraines. The foods that most have this nutrient are:
- The seeds (156 mg per ounce)
- Sesame seeds (101 mg per ounce)
- Sunflower seeds (37 mg per ounce)
- Brazil nuts (107 mg per ounce)
- The cashews (77 mg per ounce)
- the Almonds (76 mg per ounce)
- The dates (63 mg per cup)
- Wheat bran (354 mg per cup)
- Oat bran (235 mg per cup)
- Flax seeds (32 mg per tablespoon)
- The dark chocolate (95 mg per 100 grams)
- The molasses (816 mg per cup).
You can make a snack or appetizer by mixing several of these elements. A recipe full of magnesium could be the molasses pellets. To do this, place in the food processor a cup of seeds of choice (or nuts) until you get a consistency of sand, rather thick. Maybe in dietetics you can even get the seed powder.
Pour the cup of nuts or seeds into a bowl. Add four or five dates in the processor to be ground. Add two tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste, you can buy it made) and two tablespoons of molasses. Mix with the seeds And process everything until you get a homogenous blend. Form balls without being disarmed. If this happens, add more molasses or more tahini.
Shape as many balls as you want. You'll be about 12 or 15. On a plate place two tablespoons of cocoa powder and pass through the balls to be reversed. You can eat two a day, at different times, such as in the morning and afternoon, or when migraine symptoms begin.
More natural remedies for migraine
In addition to enjoying the balls full of magnesium, you can take advantage of the goodness of nature to relieve migraine:
- Place on the forehead a watermelon Or of a banana, fixing it with a gauze.
- Consume a handful of almonds (about fifteen units).
- Dissolve in a cup of water a teaspoon of nutmeg and drink.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and drink with meals.
- Purchase mustard Of the homemade type, as far as possible that it is in a glass jar (or traspasá). He opens the lid and smells deeply the aroma several times.
- In a bowl with water place the juice of a lemon. Insert your feet or perform hand baths.
- Make an infusion with a handful of chamomile flowers per cup of water and sip.
- Mix one tablespoon of rosemary, one of basil and one of marjoram in a cup with boiled water. Leave covered ten minutes, strain and add a spoonful of honey. He drinks fasting and repeats twice more throughout the day.