Do not know what to do for dinner? Do you want your family to eat well and set aside fast food? Then, do not hesitate to prepare some delicious Sicilian meat roll recipes, very easy, fast and nutritious. In the following article you will find several options.
Recipe # 1 of Sicilian Meat Roll
In an hour you will have on the table a saucer from which nothing will be left. It does not matter if you do not have much time or if you do not like to cook. You can not resist preparing this dinner!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- ¾ kg beef
- ½ kg of pork
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Parsley chopped to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 and ½ cup fried tomato or tomato sauce
- 8 slices of cooked ham
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
Steps to follow:
- 1-Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- 2-Mix both meats in a bowl, place the parsley Chopped and crushed garlic.
- 3-Pepper and season with oregano.
- 4-Pour previously beaten eggs, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and ½ cup fried tomatoes.
- 5-Knead well (best if you use your hands) and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 6- Place the meat on baking paper, well stretched.
- 7-Have a layer of ham, a grated cheese and a mozzarella cheese.
- 8-Roll up helping with the baking paper.
- 9-Place in a greased fountain.
- 10-Pour over a cup of fried tomatoes and more grated cheese.
- eleven- Bake for about an hour.
- 12-After removing it from the oven, leave it to rest for half an hour so that it is at the ideal temperature to eat.
Recipe # 2 of Sicilian Meat Roll
It is a main dish that can be accompanied for example with mashed potatoes. A typical dish of Italy, ideal to offer at a dinner or parties. You do not need to be an expert in the kitchen to prepare Sicilian roll meat.
Required items (for 6 servings):
- ¾ kg of minced beef
- ¼ kg minced pork
- 90 grams of breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 180 ml fried tomato
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 165 grams of grated provolone cheese
- 8 slices of cooked ham
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese
The preparation is very simple:
- 1-Preheat oven to 175 ° C.
- 2-Mix in a bowl the meats, the breadcrumbs, 120 ml of the fried tomato, the eggs, the grated cheese, the teeth of Garlic , Parsley, salt, pepper and oregano.
- 3-Place on a baking paper and stretch to form a rectangle of meat.
- 4- Spread the slices of cooked ham and then the grated provolone cheese.
- 5-Roll up helping with the baking paper.
- 6-Place on greased plate and cover with remaining fried tomato.
- 7-Finally, spread the slices of mozzarella.
- 8- Bring to the oven and cook for 1 hour (until the meat is cooked).
- 9-Let stand 15 minutes before serving cut into slices.
Recipe # 3 of Sicilian Meat Roll
If in addition to meat you want to add a little vegetable to your dishes, this third recipe is perfect. The preparation is similar to the above, but differs in that you incorporate spinach.
You will need (yields 4 servings):
For the roll:
- 300 grams of minced meat
- 1 cup spinach
- 200 grams of cottage cheese
- 1 small onion
- Salt and spices to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 onion
- 50 ml white wine
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 150 ml cream for cooking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Step by step:
- 1-Cook the spinach in a little salt water and drain.
- 2-In a bowl, place the meat and add the finely chopped onion. Season to taste.
- 3-Spread the meat on baking paper, which remains rectangular.
- 4-In a bowl, mix the curd with the spinach.
- 5- Spread over the flesh.
- 6-With the aid of the oven paper, roll the meat taking care that the mixture does not come out at the ends.
- 7-Put in a baking dish and cook at 200 ° C for 40 minutes.
- 8-Meanwhile, make the sauce mustard : Chop the onion well and fry in the olive oil.
- 9- When browned, add the mustard.
- 10-Pour the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- 11-Pour the cream and let it thicken.
- 12-Remove the meat roll and when not very hot, cut into slices.
- 13- Serve on the plate with one or two tablespoons of the mustard sauce.