The Inflammation of a lymph node Is very common and, if it occurs to you, the first thing you must do is calm down. 80% of the time it is due to a simple infection without major importance because, sometimes, simply being weak can cause the tissue fluid (lymph) to accumulate and give rise to such a reaction.
Keeping calm and going to the doctor will be the essential guidelines with which to act against the inflammation of a lymph node. We, for our part, We want to explain what the causes and symptoms are Which give rise to the inflammation of a lymphatic ganglion, once again emphasizing that it is usually very common.
1. What is the function of the lymph nodes?
Think of the lymphatic system as a complex network that runs through our body just like the blood vessels. It is formed by lymphocytes and has as purpose, to defend and to take care of our immune system: Cleans toxins, eliminates pathogens, germs Or any foreign substance that can make us sick.
The lymph nodes are bean-shaped and distributed through the neck, clavicle, Armpits , Internal organs and English. They are usually about one-half centimeter in size, and usually we do not even notice them, unless they become inflamed.
2. Why do lymph nodes swell?
It is possible that, for example, after having passed an annoying flu, you realize that in your neck you have an inflamed lymph node. It is the most common. You may also notice that when you are taking a shower, you notice a small bump under the armpit. The first thing we will do is to reassure ourselves and think that it is a frequent occurrence, but in spite of it and to remain more calm, We will consult with the doctor.
Let us now look at the causes by which the lymph nodes usually swell:
- For a cold or the flu, times when our immune system is somewhat weaker, with The low defenses.
- You will find it curious, but An infection with a tooth Can also cause inflammation of any lymph node in the neck. It is therefore important to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Be careful also with the Ear infections . Usually, if they are very serious, they can lead to an inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- The Mouth ulcers They are also a focus of infection that we must keep in mind.
- Diseases such as Tuberculosis or tonsillitis Are also factors that determine the appearance of an inflamed lymph node.
- Immune disorders such as l To rheumatoid arthritis Can also cause this problem.
- Also take care of the side effects of some medicines , Since they can also cause inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- The leukemia It would also be an origin that we must take into account.
- An inflamed lymph node may also be due to Hodgkin's disease or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. They are a very common type of cancer, and it should be noted that their recovery rate is quite high.
3. Symptoms of inflammation of a lymph node
It is usually quite obvious, but it is important that you know all the symptoms by your tranquility and so that, in case of suffering them, Make them known to your doctor.
- I did not notice a bundle In the neck, clavicle, armpit or in the groin. Point out that if you notice the presence of a lump in the clavicle especially, it can be something serious that you should immediately report to your doctor. It is usually a symptom of Hodgkin's disease , Which has an adequate treatment and good results.
- Usually a lymph node is usually accompanied by Some tenths of fever. You may also suffer Sweating Night.
- Sometimes a lymph node usually courses With some pain. Note also that you should ignore the classic rumors of"if it hurts is something bad"and"if it hurts is a simple inflammation." There is no conclusive and reliable data on it, so it is best to get a diagnosis to keep us calm.
4. Can inflammation of a lymph node be prevented?
As we always point out in our space, there is no infallible formula that can protect us from certain diseases. The important thing in the case of the lymphatic system will always be to keep our immune system in good condition, so we invite you to Know the most important guidelines
- Increase your vitamin C intake: Ideal for those natural juices in the morning of orange, lemon, grapefruit. Perfect the varied salads of fruits like strawberries, kiwis, papayas... Riquísimo!
- Yes to vitamin E: Especially all that is present in green leafy vegetables such as spinach, also in all integral foods such as oats , Wheat, barley, brewer's yeast... All nuts are also important.
- Improve your iron, selenium and zinc levels: Lean meat, legumes, squash, salmon, olive oil... All of them are key foods that can not be missed in your dishes.
- Take care of your stress levels: The presence of hormones such as cortisol or adrenaline, fills our body with toxins and alters the proper functioning of the immune system, also affecting our overall health. It is a serious aspect that we must take into account to prevent many of these diseases, so do not hesitate to properly manage your emotions . Your health deserves it!