Tension headache Who has not suffered at any time? That oppressive and overwhelming pain, which can range from the forehead to the nape of the neck, is a constant reality among the population. Sometimes stress is the main trigger, but there are other factors that we must also take into account.
How to solve it? How to relieve that tension headache before it becomes chronic?
Tension headache, the importance of knowing its origin
Doctors tell us that if we suffer tension headache Between 7 and 10 days per month, can be Episodic However, when we suffer from it for two weeks in a row every month, we run the risk of suffering Chronic headache
It is normal, for example, to get home with that tiredness that concentrates especially in our head. Like a ribbon around our temples, forehead and neck. Like an oppressive crown. We can easily differentiate it from the migraine because it does not focus on one side of the head.
But What originates it? What are the most classic triggers of tension headache? We will tell you below for you to take into account:
- Muscle tension: Being long in one position, in tension, as well as monotonous body postures that we maintain for several hours. An example? To be working before a computer or a machine in a factory, which forces us to make repetitive movements.
- Beware of the sight: Fixing many hours in front of a computer screen, or studying for several hours, can lead to visual fatigue that almost always translates to the classic tension headache.
- Stress : do not hesitate. Daily life, Worries, anxiety And all those thoughts, sometimes with a high negative charge, always bring us very severe side effects on a physical level. Watch out. Properly managing our daily stress will allow us to have a better quality of life, and avoid things as common as tension headache.
- Bad eating habits. Are you the ones who leave the house with a simple coffee? Or who skips dinners in order to lose weight? As it is a high risk for our health, since to have of less nutrients, we feel weak and this, frequently drift in these headaches.
- High voltage: Hypertension is a direct cause of tension headache. Headache, dizziness, malaise... are direct symptoms of the heart pumping blood more strongly against the walls of the arteries.
Remedies for tension headache
1. Cold-heat treatment
Heat and cold are Treatments Effective for tension headaches. But how do we do it? Well, put in case that today you come home with an annoying tension headache. What we will do is prepare a Cold compress soaked with apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar Acts as a good relaxer, so soak a cloth with it and leave it for a few minutes in the refrigerator. Let it act on your forehead for about 15 minutes, then give yourself a relaxing shower with hot water. Not very long alone A few minutes under the stream of hot water To act on the nape of your neck.
Once finished, lie down for 15 or 20 minutes and apply another cold compress, but this time, soaked with Lavender water or a cold infusion of rosemary. Easy, very easy and effective.
2. Infusion of ginger
In our space we have spoken to you on numerous occasions The great benefits of ginger . One of its most known properties is to act as a natural pain reliever and without side effects. It is wonderful.
his Anti-inflammatory power is very effective to eliminate tension headache . To benefit from it, we have only to grate a piece of ginger equivalent to a spoonful, to later add it to a glass of boiling water. Let him rest and drink little by little.
3. Mint mask for eyes
The procedure will be as follows:
- We will do one Infusion with 10 mint leaves In half a glass of water. Once it is ready, cool it, for example, in the refrigerator.
- Soak a compress with fresh infusion.
- Lie down, and apply yourself to the eyes this Soaked compress with mint . Stay this way for at least 20 minutes.
- Keep your eyes closed and relax. This will help you, not only by feeling the freshness, to relax your vision, but also, the smell of mint Has relaxing actions.
- When you notice that the compress is hot again, soak it again with fresh infusion.
- You can also use mint oil.
4. A spoonful of olive oil with lemon juice
This simple remedy is well known. It is known that olive oil helps reduce inflammation, Hydrates and promotes circulation. Combined with lemon juice it becomes a natural remedy that will do us very well to treat tension headache.
You can, for example, take a spoonful of Olive oil with 3 lemon droplets , And then rest on the sofa with the aforementioned mint compress.