A touch of cinnamon, a pinch of turmeric, a teaspoon of cumin... often the recipes incorporate the culinary spices to give a touch of special flavor to the dishes and, by the way, benefit from its numerous properties for health.
In this article we explain which are the healthiest spices, we highlight their main properties and we explain how to use them easily and what dishes are better. Discover them!
The Queen of Spices, both for its incredible and numerous properties for health and for the ease with which we can incorporate it into a lot of recipes.
Among its benefits are the following:
- Prevents cancer.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, ideal for those who suffer pain, rheumatism, Fibromyalgia , Chronic fatigue, etc.
- It is highly antioxidant.
- It improves digestion and fights acidity.
- Protects the liver and gallbladder.
- It is a natural antidepressant.
- Combats infections as it is antimicrobial and antiseptic.
Although it is aromatic and even gives a yellow color to foods ( Can be used as a dye, as if it were saffron ), Its rather mild flavor allows us to use it in all kinds of dishes that include liquids, such as the following:
- Vegetable creams.
- Meat, vegetable or fish stews.
- Rice, soups and pastas.
- Desserts such as jellies, custards or custards.
- Hot Drinks And vegetable milks.
He ginger Is another of the essential spices in our kitchen, but its flavor is a little more peculiar than that of turmeric. These are its most outstanding properties:
- It helps in the prevention of ovarian, prostate and colon cancer.
- Improves digestion.
- It increases the metabolism and brings heat to our body.
- Relieves sore throat and inflammations.
- Improves circulation.
- Combats fluid retention.
- It fights nausea and dizziness.
- Helps prevent infections and raises defenses.
- Removes mucus.
- Calms menstrual cramps.
- Protects our cardiovascular health.
We can use it in the following ways:
- In very small quantity, it contributes juiciness to the meats and the fish.
- Added to stews and stews, helps us to facilitate their digestion.
- It gives a very special flavor to breads, biscuits and cookies.
- A pinch with the tea will give an exotic flavor and will enhance its properties.
Cinnamon is one of the spices we use most in confectionery, especially for The delicious flavor it brings. In addition it also benefits us in all this:
- It is stimulating and aphrodisiac.
- Improves digestion, reduces acidity and flatulence.
- It brings heat and energy to our organism.
- Regulates blood glucose levels.
- It may improve, in the long run, joint and bone diseases.
- It opens the appetite.
- It is a potent natural anticoagulant.
- It lowers cholesterol levels and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
How do we use cinnamon?
- In all types of sweets: cakes, biscuits, biscuits, custards, custards, mousses, etc.
- Combined With honey, every morning on an empty stomach .
- In stews and roasts of meat.
- Combined with carrot, pumpkin or sweet potato.
We recommend, yes, cinnamon from Ceylon, one of the healthiest and most aromatic.
He cumin It is the essential spice For those who usually suffer from gas and flatulence. Although it has a very characteristic flavor that everyone does not like, it is very practical to incorporate it in those dishes that we find it hard to digest, such as sprouts or legumes.
In addition, it also helps us treat the following health problems:
- Respiratory diseases.
- Anemia (ideal during pregnancy, lactation and during menstruation).
- Skin problems.
In addition to incorporating it in the cooking of the dishes that we have quoted, we could also take it In infusion after meals , If we do not want to give them the flavor of this spice.
Finally we propose the cardamom, a less known spice that the previous ones but that we will not be able to forget once we have smelt it. Its amazing Exotic, citrus and sweet aroma Will surprise us from the first moment.
Like cumin, cardamom also has multiple benefits to improve digestion, so we will incorporate it into all kinds of sweet recipes and, if we dare, we can go pouring in small amounts in some salty dishes.
Further, Improves our respiratory system, is a great stimulant and helps us prevent colon cancer.
Images courtesy of srqpix, Frabisa, ion-bogdan dumitrescu and Chiot's Run