Our kidneys fulfill the important function of carrying out the process of expulsion of waste through the urine, but in many cases they fail to correctly fulfill their function and these debris crystallize and form true stones of various sizes inside the kidneys. These stones are popularly known as Kidney stones Or renal lithiasis and Are characterized by being quite painful, especially when they occur in the ureter.
One of the most common causes of kidney stones is insufficient fluid intake. This is precisely why people living in warm climates are more likely to develop kidney stones, because Many forget that they should drink enough liquid to compensate for the elimination through sweating.
Among the symptoms of kidney stones we can find:
- Abdominal spasms.
- Discomfort in the vulva or testicles.
- Fever .
- Blood on urination.
- Urine of a strong color.
Kidney stones are divided according to the kind of waste that crystallizes and forms the stones. Most cases are produced by calcium crystals , Which are related to a diet rich in animal dairy products, proteins and oxalates. As well There are crystals of uric acid , Which are produced by the sedimentation of uric acid in the blood. And finally we find The amino acid crystals , Which are the most painful but the least frequent.
How to fight kidney stones naturally?
It is very important to see your doctor if you suspect that you have kidney stones. However, we can supplement the treatment by consuming natural remedies that can help dissolve the stones that generate the intense pain. Here we share the best natural remedies to dissolve kidney stones.
- Increase water consumption: Water consumption is essential in the treatment to dissolve kidney stones. It is very important to drink enough fluid, especially if the day is warm or you have performed intense physical activity. If you suffer from kidney stones, increase your water consumption to 3 or 4 liters per day.
- Reduce the consumption of salt: Not to worsen the condition of kidney stones, the ideal is to suspend the Salt consumption And overly seasoned foods.
- Reduce foods rich in oxalates: As in the case of salt, while suffering from kidney stones the ideal is to avoid the consumption of foods such as beets, tomatoes, turnip, greenworms, spinach, endives, Swiss chard, tea, or Cocoa, among others.
- Basil: This plant has properties that help to dissolve kidney stones effectively. To take advantage of its benefits should consume a spoonful of basil juice mixed with a honey, which will be taken daily for 6 months.
- Dandelion: This plant is indicated to prevent and to dissolve the calculations in the kidneys. Its properties stimulate the production of urine, which makes it very suitable to cause the expulsion of the kidney stones . To take advantage of your benefits you should prepare an infusion of the dried leaves and drink at least 3 cups a day.
- Belcho: This diuretic tea is another recommended to treat cases of kidney stones. To do this, it is recommended to drink 3 to 4 cups of tea per day or replace it with 2 g per day of this herb in capsules.
- Pomegranate juice: This juice has become famous for its many properties for health thanks to its nutritional contributions. What few know is that it can also be a great ally to fight the stones in the kidneys, since its acidic and astringent properties could be of great help. Ideally, prepare an organic pomegranate juice and drink it fresh several times a day.
Infusion to dissolve kidney stones
This powerful infusion combines excellent properties Diuretic plants Which help cleanse the kidneys and help prevent and dissolve kidney stone problems.
How to prepare it?
- In a pot with a liter of water, place 1 handful of dried leaves of the spider (Lepidium Latifolium), 1 handful of dried mallow leaves and 2 tablespoons of dried heather.
- When it has boiled (about 7 minutes), allow it to stand for another 10 minutes and finally strain and drink it on an empty stomach for a week.