Training the shoulders and abs at the same time is possible. You just have to choose the right exercises. Today, in this article, you will discover some ways to train your shoulders and abs that, perhaps, you have not yet put into practice.
Training the shoulders is very important to be fit, since it is one of the muscles that we use the most. In addition, exercising them can favor that we have a better posture . For example, that the shoulders do not hang forward, thus preventing the cervicals from being loaded.
On the other hand, working the abdominals helps us to have a much stronger abdomen and avoid that, aesthetically, this one shows flaccid and without any muscular tone. Being in shape not only helps us look good, but also helps us feel better.
The iron is a very complete exercise that allows us to work the shoulders and abdominals at the same time.
- To do this exercise we must turn upside down, support the forearms on the floor and stretch the legs raising them while we maintain ourselves as if we were a board.
Although this exercise may not seem to involve greater difficulty, our opinion will change when we take a minute in this position. We will notice not only how our arms and shoulders are working, but also our ABS .
This exercise brings great results , so it is recommended to practice it often. Many times, it is usually the last exercise of a complete workout.
Read this article: Does sport improve our psychological life?
There is a variant of the plate and we can do it laterally. In this way, we will do the exercise putting us on our side, resting on the forearm of one of the arms. The other we can stretch or let it rest throughout the body.
This exercise allows us to work one of the shoulders and oblique . Sometimes, we can stay static, as in the original plate, or lower and raise the hip to perform a deeper training.
The push-ups are an exercise everyone knows, but maybe we did not know that it is excellent for training the shoulders and abs. To achieve this and feel the strength in the abdomen it is necessary that we touch with the chest on the floor .
The important thing here is to keep the legs stretched, since the tendency due to the strength in the shoulders will be to flex them slightly to raise us with greater ease. Let's see some variants of this exercise:
- Dumbbell pushups: Hands do not rest on the floor, but on dumbbells. When we raise the chest, we will alternate between the arms that will raise the dumbbell ground .
- Cross over the chest: When we raise the chest, the right hand will touch the left shoulder and, later, the left hand will touch the right shoulder. This will allow the shoulders and abs to work even more.
The exercise wheel, like the iron, does not seem to be more difficult. However, at the time of carrying out the training we see that they work much more on the shoulders and abdominals than we thought.
- We are on our knees, we are going to put both hands on the exercise wheel and we are going to slide forward. The feet can rise from the ground, but the only thing that will support will be the knees. The rest of the body must be elevated.
- When we are forward, we will have to turn back, and this is where we must do great strength with the abs and shoulders. You have to be careful, because the tendency will be to sink the chest towards the ground . Remember that we must maintain the position at all times.
Discover: Exercises to strengthen the knees
All these exercises allow to train the shoulders and abdominals at the same time. If you do not have time to devote to exercise and want to do a training that involves a 2 in 1, no doubt, these exercises are appropriate.
Its intensity and effectiveness will make it possible to achieve the objectives that you have proposed . Surely many of the exercises discussed have already practiced if you go to the gym. In the xcontrario case, we recommend that you try them.
If you practice exercise at home , you do not need to have specific equipment to be able to carry out these exercises. In the case, for example, of the exercise wheel, you can look for alternatives like a small ball. Have you ever practiced these postures to train your shoulders and abs?