Black chocolate is one of the most consumed foods in the world, not only because it has a pleasant aroma and delicious taste, but also because It has been proven to be very beneficial for both emotional and physical health.
Eating chocolate can generate feelings of guilt in many people who completely ignore all their goodness and believe in the false legend that says"fattening." However, everyone should be free from guilt by eating small portions of dark chocolate On a daily basis, instead of gaining weight or doing harm to the body, Chocolate has properties that are very good for the body.
Do you know what happens in your body when you eat dark chocolate?
Being rich in antioxidants, chocolate is one of the best foods to prevent the accumulation of free radicals and the premature aging of cells . This benefit is really important as it prevents toxic substances from accumulating in the body and affecting health in various ways. In addition, it favors the youth of the cells, so it is also recommended for skin care.
Immediately after consuming chocolate Your energy levels increase and that improves your ability to concentrate In the different activities that you must do daily.
When consuming a moderate portion of chocolate a day, the risks of heart attacks And other cardiovascular problems, thanks to its high antioxidant content.
After eating chocolate you also improve your mood and decrease depression, since This food contains a chemical called anandamide, responsible for providing a sense of well-being and improving mood.
In those moments of stress, anxiety, anguish or bad mood, consumption of a serving of chocolate Can act as a Natural soothing To relax, because it stimulates the production of serotonin.
Chocolate has an important amount of flavonoids, which are antioxidants that protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays (Obviously it does not provide the protective layer of a sunscreen, but it does help to reduce impacts).
Other important virtues of eating dark chocolate
In addition to the main benefits already mentioned, the consumption of dark chocolate in moderate portions also has other virtues that are worth mentioning:
- It is ideal for fighting and eliminating fatigue.
- It gives a feeling of satiety to the body, And prevents us from eating more calories every few minutes.
- For its significant amounts of magnesium Helps to form new cells, repair DNA and Relax the muscles .
- It stimulates blood circulation, so it prevents heart problems and formation of varicose veins.
- Contains calcium that, besides being good for nails and teeth, also May help prevent osteoporosis problems.
- It can prevent and fight anemia thanks to its zinc content.
- Maintains healthy joints and tendons Thanks to its contents of phosphorus, calcium and antibacterial agents.
- Black chocolate is rich in flavonoids.
- Could help prevent colon cancer , Cholesterol problems and other chronic diseases.
- Provides healthy fats that improve the health of the nervous system And avoid triglyceride problems.
- Theobromine, a component of chocolate, May help reduce the activity of the vagus nerve, which is what causes the Coughing attacks .
How to eat black chocolate in a healthy way?
To take full advantage of the benefits of black chocolate, it is very important to choose it well and try to consume it as bitter as possible. Although the bitter taste is not as delicious as the sweet taste of chocolates, it is in this way that chocolate concentrates all its benefits. Nevertheless, You can choose to eat semi-dairy chocolates, which are less bitter but also contain less Refined sugars In comparison of the delicious chocolates.
Chocolate consumption should be moderate and you should always choose your black presentation to take advantage of its benefits. Nowadays in the market there are different varieties of chocolates, that while they are delicious, They do not have as many good things and they are usually loaded with other substances that could have an opposite effect in the organism.
People in good health can eat up to two servings of dark chocolate, depending on the type of diet and physical activity they do. In special cases like diabetes, overweight and obesity it is important to consult the doctor Before consuming daily servings of chocolate.