Martial arts, like tai chi, have remarkable benefits for our health .
Originally from ancient China, Tai Chi is a passive martial art that combines structured movements in a firm, slow and synchronized that make it one of the most effective exercises.
In the following article we talk about Taichi and what are the benefits it offers to your health and your body.
Although Tai Chi is an art with great depth of knowledge and skill, it can be easy to learn and offers immediate benefits to health and body .
The essential principles of this martial art include the integrity of the mind and body through the control of movements in synchrony with breathing . This helps generate internal energy, peace of mind, relaxation and serenity.
- The ultimate goal of Tai Chi is to cultivate Qi or internal life energy, making it flow smoothly and powerfully throughout the body.
- The total harmony of the inner and outer being comes from the integration of mind and body, strengthened through a Qi, as established by a famous Tao mantra.
To get even better results, Tai Chi programs for health are modernized by incorporating medical science to provide benefits more quickly.
Benefits of Tai Chi for health
1. Reduce pain
It even provides greater benefits in reducing pain with frequent practice, which allows to reduce or prevent the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Taichi is beneficial to improve balance and physical function in people with osteoarthritis and other benefits have also been found such as:
- Reduction of pain and fatigue .
- Improvements in mood and depression .
- Increase in vitality and lower disability index of people with rheumatoid arthritis .
- The practice of this martial art can reduce the risk factors associates with low bone mineral density in postmenopausal women.
2. Improves self-esteem
It has been discovered also that tai chi is a beneficial complement to the traditional treatment against cancer. East helps to improve self-esteem and quality of life without excessive physical effort.
In addition, it is easy to add to a daily routine and increases the range of movement of arms and shoulders in cancer survivors.
3. An exercise suitable for people with heart disease
The main health benefit derives from the cardiovascular character of Tai Chi, which is a beneficial complementary exercise for those who they suffer heart disease.
It is a perfect activity for those who can not perform more extreme exercises.
We recommend you read: 6 exercises you can do at home to improve your health
Benefits of tai chi for the body
Additionally, tai chi offers benefits that they improve with the practice the capacities and physical conditions of your body , among which the following stand out:
- Improves balance: Tai Chi movements are constant and slow, and move from one side to another to coordinate the movements of the upper body.
These movements help the nucleus recover the Balance and to reduce the risk of falls in the elderly.
- Strength and flexibility: For the same reasons, the regular and constant practice of tai chi increases the strength and level of physical performance of the body.
Maintaining a good posture is an essential part of the constant practice of Tai Chi. A) Yes we strengthen the back and improve the general posture of the body .
Further, the range of movements that this martial art has also helps to improve the flexibility .
- Positive for the heart: As a cardiovascular exercise, Taichi helps prevent chronic diseases such as heart problems or imbalances in blood pressure.
- Improves coordination: The practice helps improve hand-eye coordination , as well as with the coordination of the upper and lower part of the body with the slow rhythmic movements involved.
- You will learn to breathe: Breathing is one of the three parts of Tai Chi. The deep breathing that is part of this practice helps treat respiratory complications such as asthma, bronchitis and emphysema.
Gentle rhythmic movements and breathing help to distract from a Lifestyle agitated.
The coordination of breathing together with the movement of the eye of the hand promotes calmness. In this way tai chi is presented as one of the most recommended practices to reduce stress .