All bodies are completely different, especially if we talk about the belly of each. Although we can all agree to have some degree of fat located in the belly , The truth is that each has a different type of belly and requires different ways to reduce it. If you still do not know how to distinguish your type of belly and what is the best way to flatten it, then we reveal the types of bellies and the best tips to minimize it.
This type of belly is usually that of people who lead a sedentary lifestyle. It is very common in people who have office jobs or who, for some reason, sit for a long time.
Bad habits: People with this type of belly tend to have little physical activity, consume sugary foods, large amount of flour and excess of Calories . Probably, in addition to having more tummy, you will notice an increase in weight in your legs and hips.
Tips to reduce it
- First, it reduces the consumption of refined and sugary foods Such as cookies, cakes, bread, fast food, potatoes, sauces and dressings, or soft drinks, among others. Instead, you should increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, fish, cereals, nuts and natural beverages.
- If you drink alcohol, you better exclude it immediately from your diet. Alcohol is a fat pump for the belly and its excessive consumption is also one of the causes of this increase.
- Avoid choosing"low fat"or"light" Since, although they seem harmless, the truth is that they are full of chemicals, refined sugar , Salt and preservatives to flavor them.
- Stop counting calories and worry more about nourishing your body.
- Remember that exercise is key to reducing this type of tummy . Perform a good cardiovascular workout and complement it with squats, strides and abs.
The stressed-out abdomen is often very common in highly responsible and perfectionist people. Generally, those who have this type of abdomen also often suffer from irritable bowel syndrome , Which can cause swelling And make the belly look much worse.
Bad habits: These people often skip meals, often eat too much fast food, and abuse caffeinated beverages.
Tips to reduce it
- Improve your sleep habits and avoid falling into insomnia . People who sleep more often interrupt the production of leptin, the hormone that helps regulate appetite and metabolism.
- Combats stress with relaxation techniques, Activities that generate pleasure and long baths.
- Avoid drinking coffee and other caffeinated beverages.
- Exercise frequently, but do not overdo cardio . Do yoga, hiking and resistance work with weights.
- It is advisable to consume foods rich in magnesium As are the green vegetables , Nuts and seeds.
This type of belly is typical for women who have recently given birth and who, as typical mothers, have not had time for themselves. It takes at least six weeks to regain normal size, So do not try to overdo it to achieve it in less time.
Bad habits: Immediately return to exercise, being stressed for not regaining normal weight, neglect the diet after childbirth.
Tips to reduce it
- Eat fish or omega 3 fatty acid supplements.
- Eat foods rich in fatty acids Such as walnuts, avocado, olives and chia seeds.
- Do pelvic floor exercises To flatten your abdomen from the inside out. Squeeze and release the pelvic floor muscles 15-20 times, in five sessions a day.
Swollen bellies are usually flat in the morning, but during the day they are inflamed by gas or indigestion. The distension Usually affects both thin and overweight women ; This problem is usually due to food intolerances, allergies or poor digestion.
Bad habits: Eat certain foods despite noticing that they cause intolerance. Do not chew food well.
Tips to reduce it:
- The most common food intolerances are in wheat and gluten (Bread, pastries, cakes, pizzas, cakes and cereals), alcohol, yeast (in muffins, beer and cakes) and processed dairy products (cheese, milk, butter). It is important to find out what foods from these can cause intolerance to exclude them from the diet.
- Improve your eating habits to have better digestion . If you are suffering from constipation lately, you are likely to be eating inappropriate foods. It increases the intake of foods rich in fiber and drinks more water.
- Swelling may also indicate an imbalance in the intestinal flora . To restore it, it is recommended to consume more prebiotic and probiotic foods.